Thread: LS7 coil for Gen III Tables

Default LS7 coil for Gen III Tables

A few of us want to put LS7 coil on our GEN III cars, so we are building the dwell tables to match, if that is possible, perhaps they are already built and we cant find them.

It would be nice to have this work checked before implementing, and then we can check the behavior on the dyno and scope the dwell.

Assumptions:
    the coils are a physical direct plugin, at least the connectors are the same,
    the power is available to drive the LS7 coils using the same spark plugs.
    The LS7 tables are an indirect solution for the Tables in GEN III. IE Backwards compatible.

The tables that control the coils for the GEN 4 LS7 are not exactly the same (headings are not equal) but with a little interpreting the corresponding tables come out.

I have included my work sheets with the tables that correspond with GEN III, The table for Spark Dwell Time B{6001} is included but it will need to be transposed for efilive and should be correct for HPtuners.

I cant find the table for Base time Modifier vs IGNV vs ECT in EFILive, is it available?
    I cant find the table for Dwell Time Modifier vs MAP, is it available? this is not include in LS7 either.

Has anyone swapped out the LS1 coils for LS7 coils? some real experience would be nice.
    dwellvsRPMvsVolt.xls

bit of a bump for this topic seeing as it's now almost cheaper to put new coils of a different type than the originals on.

Also because i have used the later coils on nearly all of my original ls1 cars. Does anyone have a simple spreadsheet we can use to copy paste data from e38 ecu's and calculate into ls1 values.