Thread: E37 serial number all zeros

Default E37 serial number all zeros

Was doing some experimenting (2007 HHR 2.2L E37 ECM) and did something I probably shouldn't have done...re-flashed the VIN (with a 2010 VIN). It didn't really have any effect, so went back to the original 2007 VIN. That in itself seemed to work fine, however after doing this now the serial number reads all zeros, and the ECM is having some other very strange issues that happened at exactly the same time.

Took the ECM to a dealership and had it supposedly re-flashed with the stock file from GM, but ECM operation is unchanged (still all zeros and having other issues).

How can I get this back to pre-VIN reflashing state?

Thanks!

Bill

Bill, did you get a warning from EFILive telling you that the OS was not compatible? I am assuming when you say you reflash the VIN, you mean a complete file from a 2010 ECM in to your 2007?
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

No this was done with the VIN reprogramming feature in 7.5 scan tool. Sorry should've said "re-programmed" instead of re-flashed!

Bill, what has happened to your ECM sounds like the exact thing that happens when the wrong year model OS has been flashed in to an ECM, so it's weird such a thing would happen on just a VIN change. A VIN change, that is just a standard OBD-II message, nothing special.
    In confidentiality, can you send your cars 2007 .ctd file and also read the ECM as it is now and send that over as well.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.