Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Release Candidate 1, Aug 04, 2011

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Default Release Candidate 1, Aug 04, 2011

Release Candidate 2 of the EFILive V7.5 and V8 software is available for download.
    http://forum.efilive.com/showthread....132#post153132
    Last edited by Blacky; August 18th, 2011 at 10:01 PM. Reason: Posted RC2 Update

Down loaded and installed, Trying to scan a vehicle right now

Included in V8 was FW V2.07.19. There is no mention of it in post 1. Should we update firmware ?

Thanks.

I updated to the latest firmware

Quote Originally Posted by Ninety8C5 View Post
    Included in V8 was FW V2.07.19. There is no mention of it in post 1. Should we update firmware ?

Thanks.
    Yes, you'll need to update the firmware so that it remains compatible with the V7.5 software.
    When the build number of the V7 software increments, the firmware gets updated so that it "knows" it is compatible with that latest V7 build.
    That in turn triggers an update to the firmware build number.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

I have updated to this latest software. Over the weekend I tried to perform a full flash on a LMM ecm with V8 and ended up with the $0322 error about 3/4 through the program. I was then able to perform the full flash using V7 with no problem. I just thought I would let you know. I did take a screen print of the error on the screen if you need it.

If you need more info let me know and I will try to get it for you,

Quote Originally Posted by 540diesel View Post
    I have updated to this latest software. Over the weekend I tried to perform a full flash on a LMM ecm with V8 and ended up with the $0322 error about 3/4 through the program. I was then able to perform the full flash using V7 with no problem. I just thought I would let you know. I did take a screen print of the error on the screen if you need it.

If you need more info let me know and I will try to get it for you,
    The V8 software saves a trace file of the reflash and stores it in the folder: \My Documents\EFILive\V8\Trace
    The file will be called E35B_F_YYYYMMDD_HHMMSS.htx
    where YYYYMMDD is the date and HHMMSS is the time that the full-flash failed.

Can you please locate that trace file and email it to me at paul@efilive.com

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Lifetime Member AFTERMATH DIESEL's Avatar

On two lmm trucks today I have had to relicense atleast three or four times. When I go back and check my licenses it doesn't use another one. Not sure why but I had this problem on an Lly about a month ago and since then it's never happened. I always end up un plugging the v2 from the computer, and I've had to restart the computer a few times to get v7 and or scan tool also to close after the screen freezes.Sorry for the vague report it's been a long day and I'm on my phone.
    If there's anything I can do let me know.
    Thank you
    Chris

Paul,

I did not get time to email you that trace file last yesterday. I will try to get it to you today.

Bryon

Issue #1
    Sometimes at the start of a read or flash operation the V7.5 software will complain that it cannot communicate with the FlashScan device. Sometimes after clicking [Ok] the software is able to reconnect. Sometimes you need to restart the read or flash procedure and other times you need to exit and restart the Tuning Tool application.
    We are trying to find a set of actions that can reliably reproduce that situation.

I tuned a 2000 F-body today and had to restart the flash procedure a couple times. I then tuned a 2008 5.3 silverado and it took me 10mins of restarting and re-booting the V2 just to get the scan tool to connect. I also couldnt flash it with 7.5 and had to flash it with V8.
    I have several LS1 and E38 vehicles I can try it on if there is anything I can do to help.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast