Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Release Candidate 1, Aug 04, 2011

I just tried to Copy and Paste Calc.VET PIDs from V7 to V8 and nothing happened... Am I doing something wrong?

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MikeyC View Post
    I just tried to Copy and Paste Calc.VET PIDs from V7 to V8 and nothing happened... Am I doing something wrong?
    Calc PIDs are not supported directly in V8 therefor they are not supported during copy/paste operations.

To specify calc PIDs in V8 click on the [V7] button in the BBX setup window and enter the calculated PIDs that you want active when you view the data in the V7 Scan Tool software.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Thanks Blacky, I'll give that a try.

Hey guys i apologize if this has been discussed recently in another thread but has there been any progress to support flashing a a50 tcm? thanks

Jennett_c, I was hoping to get that in this release but once again that wretched TCM is causing me grief, I had to put it aside so we could try to finalise these releases.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

ok no problem. just checking haha

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

A series of flash failures with the latest release candidate software has been identified. The following issue has been added to post #1.

Issue #3
    Flashing some VPW based controllers may fail.
    Full Flashing an E35 (LBZ/LMM) will fail with $0322 at about 80% completion.
    Flashing an E60 (LLY) will fail.
    Please use the V7 software to flash the above vehicles.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Just did update and now I CAN'T connect to E38 with scan tool. I tried two different vehicles one of which I own and mess with all the time so I know its not the vehicle. I can BBL but no matter what I do the scan tool will not connect. I tried different cables with no luck. I can connect and data log with auto cal or a V2 but can not connect through the scan tool. I can read and flash the ECM with my laptop through V8.

EDIT: I went back to the last build for V7 and V8 and it works...I tried the latest updates twice and both times I couldnt connect the scan tool to E38 vehicles.
    Last edited by minytrker; August 13th, 2011 at 06:30 AM.

It might just be me but the latest release has crashed my system twice now. System in 64 bit WIN 7 Toshiba. Both crashes occurred when reviewing scantool data.. Once with TuneTool open as well. My screen slows and I lose mouse function. I had to do restore to regain system function and reinstalled mouse drivers to get system back. Also had to install a usb mouse to get system working.

By chance, it is possible to download the July 18th releases of 7.5 and V8?
    2015 Z06 A8

Quote Originally Posted by minytrker View Post
    Just did update and now I CAN'T connect to E38 with scan tool. I tried two different vehicles one of which I own and mess with all the time so I know its not the vehicle. I can BBL but no matter what I do the scan tool will not connect. I tried different cables with no luck. I can connect and data log with auto cal or a V2 but can not connect through the scan tool. I can read and flash the ECM with my laptop through V8.

EDIT: I went back to the last build for V7 and V8 and it works...I tried the latest updates twice and both times I couldnt connect the scan tool to E38 vehicles.
    I too have found passthru fails to log E38 but BBL works.
    Build 176
    512k RoadRunner Firmware 12.14R
    FlashScan V2 Bootblock V2.07.04 Firmware V2.07.22 EFILive V7.5.7 (Build 191) V8.2.1 (Build 181)
    LC-1 WBO2

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast