Thread: BARO_B and MAP not going over 100KPA

Default BARO_B and MAP not going over 100KPA

I have installed a 2 Bar sensor and have it set to what I think is about right on the scaler but both the BARO_B and MAP pid once its over 100kpa just sit at 100KPA surely if i was to put in something like 205 it will read well over 100kpa proving the PID works??

I saw 4 weeks ago TRANSZ_AM had a similar issue. Im on a COS5 using a LS1B Controller. thoughts??? Unfortunatly until my SC is fitted i have noway to move the voltage to over the 2.7 its reading at the moment.

Yeah I would think that if you increase the scaler value from 190 to 205 then the PCM-calculated/reported MAP PID should rise as a result.

The car is not forced-induction yet, so are you just wanting to test or calibrate the MAP sensor??? If you want to calibrate the sensor, then just look-up the current weather info for your area and get the barometric pressure, convert to Kpa, and then fudge your scaler/offset values until the key-off MAP sensor reading matches the current weather barometer reading. If you want to over-do the process, you could find a calibrated air source (air compressor?) and pressurize the map sensor with 14.7psi air pressure and your PCM's MAP PID should report a value of approximately 200Kpa (the actual value will be [your current atmospheric Kpa] + 100Kpa) but to do this you would need a very well calibrated low-pressure air source, my crappy Craftsman air compressor cannot regulate air pressure that low and if I tried to do something like that I would overpressurize and possibly damage the sensor!

Mr. P.
    2003 Silverado SS, with Novi-1500 "CAI mod"
    EFILive V 7.5 COS-3 (OLSD, for now!)

Im just proving it works so that once fitted I can start logging VE data. But at the moment its not going over 100 with the scaller modified. Tempted to set it to 288 to see what happens but Im not holding out hope....

What OS are you using?
    2003 Silverado SS, with Novi-1500 "CAI mod"
    EFILive V 7.5 COS-3 (OLSD, for now!)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. P. View Post
    What OS are you using?
    01290005 Its a COS5.

Any further ideas??? Im just awaiting my pully Puller and the SC will be fitted... I need to know that I can start tuning and using the 2 bar sensor. Is there any way to prove the OS is or isn't the issue????