Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Need VVE tuning help

Default Need VVE tuning help

Hi all, Im new here and need some help/advice on getting my VVE tuning started. Im using this tutorial http://api.viglink.com/api/click?for...13127714549851 to set everything up. Well I have triple checked everything and my truck will not run on it. If anyone can shed some light on what im doing wrong and point me in the right direction thatd be great. Heres how I have it set up.Justin VVE.tun

Lifetime Member

Hello 2007chevy5.3l,

I took a quick look at the tune you posted - the changes you made followed Swingtan's VVE Adjustment Tutorial fairly well - you also altered the VVE RPM and MAP zone boundaries - no problem there - but it looks like a problem occurred when you regenerated the VVE coefficients and table.

The truck probably won't run on that VVE table (B8101).

If you post your original tune (original VVE table) I will fix it for you.

Regards,
    Taz

Also, post a log of the start-up. That will help to show what's going on.

Simon.

Lifetime Member

Hello Simon,

I don't think you ever sleep !!! Just after 8:00 AM here ... guessing it's after 10:00 PM for you (if you are near Sydney).

Regards,
    Taz

my advise with the vve in the e38, dont even bother using the ben factors to make adjustments to your fuel table.

use them as a guide as to how much fuel to add or subtract from your table and do the area's manually via a specific percent everytime.

i've found this method much easier to work on the ve table and it generally makes the map close to almost exact in the area's you havent changed due to the way the co-effeciants work.

Quote Originally Posted by Taz View Post
    Hello 2007chevy5.3l,

I took a quick look at the tune you posted - the changes you made followed Swingtan's VVE Adjustment Tutorial fairly well - you also altered the VVE RPM and MAP zone boundaries - no problem there - but it looks like a problem occurred when you regenerated the VVE coefficients and table.

The truck probably won't run on that VVE table (B8101).

If you post your original tune (original VVE table) I will fix it for you.

Regards,
    Taz
    Hello Taz, I know what your talking about and do remember regenerating the VVE coefficients and the table did look different from the original so I figured that was ok..? I guess it isnt the right one. Please tell me what all you did to fix it so I wont have this problem in the future.
    Thanks a bunch for the help
    Attached Files Attached Files
    2007 5.3l Tahoe. K&N CAI, Pacesetter LT/ORY no muffler, vette servo, Tru-cool 40k, Innovate LC-1 wideband, 3.42's Circle D 3k, 100shot
    Slowly learning how to tune via EFILIVE

Quote Originally Posted by swingtan View Post
    Also, post a log of the start-up. That will help to show what's going on.

Simon.
    Suggested PIDs for the first start up?
    2007 5.3l Tahoe. K&N CAI, Pacesetter LT/ORY no muffler, vette servo, Tru-cool 40k, Innovate LC-1 wideband, 3.42's Circle D 3k, 100shot

Quote Originally Posted by Tre-Cool View Post
    my advise with the vve in the e38, dont even bother using the ben factors to make adjustments to your fuel table.

use them as a guide as to how much fuel to add or subtract from your table and do the area's manually via a specific percent everytime.

i've found this method much easier to work on the ve table and it generally makes the map close to almost exact in the area's you havent changed due to the way the co-effeciants work.
    Very Interesting. I will take this into consideration when I get there. Thanks for the tip

I noticed that when I made changes to the VVE RPM and MAP Zone, saved the tune and returned, was almost flat accross the board with a big spike in the middle... is that happening to you or anyone else here?

Quote Originally Posted by 2010TestCar View Post
    I noticed that when I made changes to the VVE RPM and MAP Zone, saved the tune and returned, was almost flat accross the board with a big spike in the middle... is that happening to you or anyone else here?
    Wish I could help you out but I havent even got there to that part yet

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast