Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: $0536 again...

Havent heard back from them yet

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hicky214 View Post
    Havent heard back from them yet
    What do you see at your end for steps 2, 3 and 4?
    Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

So the end user pays for the autocal device, but is always confined to having to deal with the selling tuner for tune support on said autocal device? What if they have a disagreement? Is the owner of the autocal stuck with dealing with that tuner or can the autocal be used with another flashscan cable somehow?

The way to look at it is that the end user customer isn't actually buying an AutoCal as such. Rather they are purchasing tuning services from a specific tuner, with that tuner electing to deliver their tuning services on the AutoCal device.

The AutoCal cannot be used by any other tuner, nor be unlinked and reused by another tuner.
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

Lifetime Member

Adding to Andrew, an AC unit is linked to a particular V2's license number. A tuner purchases a few AC units, loads a tune file and necessary config files using the V8 software, then delivers the AC unit to the customer. The customer then reads their stock file and either downloads the included tune or sends their stock tune back to a tuner via email. The tuner makes the necessary adjustments to the tune and emails it back to the customer who loads it onto the AC, then the customer downloads the tune to their vehicle.

The AC unit is simply a delivery method and is why EFILive is asking the tuners and tunershops to support the AC units and not EFILive. An AC unit is designed to be delivered to a customer and then can be loaded with up to 8 VIN licenses in order to tune a customer's vehicles.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Thanks for that. More than I cared to type on an iPad :-)
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tordne View Post
    Thanks for that. More than I cared to type on an iPad :-)
    No problem, I havent gone to the dark side and bought a tablet yet. Maybe this spring after I get a job...hmmm.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12