Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I need help, very new too efi live.

Default I need help, very new too efi live.

Any help would be greatly welcomed. Im very new to efi live ive been trolling the forum trying to get a understanding of how it works. I was originally a ford man and used sct and sniper. So now im lookin over efi and im lost really dont have a clue on where to begin. In the sct stuff i can atleast create a start up tune to get me going but this is a totally different animal, im use to injector sloes to change injector size but efi has injector flow rate which im confused on how it works. To make a long story short Im not sure where to start on this car. I tried reading the autove tutorial but i felt like my head was going explode.
    The car is a 98 pontiac trans am, ls2 swap, pro 1 dart heads with p/p, lt's, exhuast and
    comp cams ls1 281lr hr-113
    dur @ .50 231 / 239
    gross lift .617 .624
    lobe seperation 113.0
    1.7 roller rockers
    fast 36 lbs injectors
    Im not looking for someone to make me a tune for this granted that would be helpful but more or less a step by step on what to do and look for.
    O yeah i got a file for ifr for the injector and i notice that my stft are runing +50% .with the stock tune they were+ 30% im not sure what to change to get them down close to o I think its in the maf table to be adjusted not sure. but also my throttle response is also poor as well. So how do you correct this. attach is a log file i got wit stock tune im not sure if it had all the pids
    Attached Files Attached Files

read the calc.vet tutorial found here:

http://forum.efilive.com/showthread....ntire-VE-Table.

there is a pdf version found at the end of the first post.
    read the first post in all its entirety
    then read it again
    dl the calcvet pid file and you are going to place that file in your efilive folder (thats what i did)
    it'll let you select the proper PIDS

read it and go step by step through that tutorial.

it will let you dial in your MAF as well as work on your VE tables.

You are going to need more than just the IFR tables for those injectors.
    Al
    "Trash that carb and get Injected!"

funny thing is it runs pretty well on the stock tune and those injectors jus lean from the wb.
    here is a cruising log every now and then i feel a hiccupcruise1stockfile.efi

i went over the tutorial several times and follow instruction to the t but some reason it wont filter like the instructions says. so im stumped i dont wanna be changing anything not know what it does, so i came to a conclusion..... I dont know how this os work in relation to how this car runs . I thought that if i jus jump into it that it will pop out at me and i can figure it out . yea thats not happening lol. Like before ive been around mustangs for awhile an seen guys tune them myself thats how i am able to tune them im more hands on. but not ever seeing this software is takin a toll on me a lil discourage. i dont wanna play the trail and error game with cost to much to fix thats why i havent change anything at all.
    So if someone can atleast point me in the direction i need so i can get a more detail descripition on how the os works that would be great.
    I have a mustang dyno avail to me on it I notice car doesnt wanna go ol.

Lifetime Member

First, verify the fuel pressure at the rail with a mechanical fuel pressure gauge to ensure you get the correct IFR. Then you need to work on the VE and MAF Tables.

Edit: I just noticed your other post with a different log.
    Last edited by DrkPhx; August 11th, 2011 at 03:48 PM.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by goldenhp View Post
    i went over the tutorial several times and follow instruction to the t but some reason it wont filter like the instructions says. so im stumped i dont wanna be changing anything not know what it does, so i came to a conclusion..... I dont know how this os work in relation to how this car runs . I thought that if i jus jump into it that it will pop out at me and i can figure it out . yea thats not happening lol. Like before ive been around mustangs for awhile an seen guys tune them myself thats how i am able to tune them im more hands on. but not ever seeing this software is takin a toll on me a lil discourage. i dont wanna play the trail and error game with cost to much to fix thats why i havent change anything at all.
    So if someone can atleast point me in the direction i need so i can get a more detail descripition on how the os works that would be great.
    I have a mustang dyno avail to me on it I notice car doesnt wanna go ol.
    Don't get discouraged. It's a steep learning curved that requires a lot of time reading, datalogging and reflashing the PCM to get it right. It does become easier over time. The GM LS OS is actually a Speed Density (VE MAP based) MAF table system. Here is a good book to help you get started.

http://www.masportspeedshop.com/serv...-tuning/Detail

Yes, don't be discouraged... have a read thru these: Collecting-links-to-tutorial-material-scattered-in-other-sections...

So how does the maf come into play then? whats an average fuel pressure at idle im reading 23psi
    Last edited by goldenhp; August 12th, 2011 at 03:32 AM.

See second paragraph of post #4 here: Summary-Notes

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast