Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: T43 Torque Converter Desired Slip

Quote Originally Posted by Meister View Post
    I am just disappointed for the first time ever by EFI Live. You guys have an amazing product and I hope you take a stab at the Ford market because the knowledge, support and logging is incredible.....a shame about the T43 stuff though
    As great as EFI Live is, its very hard to do tuning as a profession and only own EFI. Unfortunately EFI can't always do everything on every controller but 99% of the time it can do what most GM tuning shops need. I learned years ago that I needed several other tuning software if I wanted to do alot of tuning. Im not faulting any software but its impossible for any one software IMO to the best at single thing. I will say EFI in my option is the best at more controllers than any other product out there hands down. The few things other software are better at are rarely an issue but for that 1% I have to own other tuning software. Just like I have mostly snap on tools but very rarely they may not have a tool I need and mac or some other tool company makes it. That doesn't mean snap on isn't good. Thats all just my opinion.

There is a tradeoff between getting many tables "published" quickly and taking the time to get them correct making sure they function as expected...

for example, HPT has the force motor current table incorrectly defined for quite a few transmission calibrations (the last row suddenly spikes up).

Default Is this the Area of Deficiency?

I just installed a new Circle D single disc torque converter and I'm trying to adjust when it locks up. With the stock T43 tune, at part throttle,
    the rpms just hang in 3rd gear so I want to lock it in third but not at WOT (WOT > 50% TPS).
    Looking at the tables, it seems that there is a conflict between WOT Control Speeds and the Normal/Pattern A/Pattern B/TUTD Control
    Speeds at 100% TPS. For example, D2237 3rd WOT Apply Speed, Normal is 21 MPH, but the Normal Control Speed Table its 217 MPH at 100% TPS.
    I'm a newbie and just trying to understand.
    Why the difference in the 2 Tables?
    Is 100% TPS different than WOT?
    Is there some other table that adjusts these numbers?
    In the Normal/Pattern A/Pattern B Tables, why aren't the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Apply speeds 318? For the Normal Table they are 318, 132, and
    217 respectively.
    Also, Circle D recommends 0 slip when locked up. The only reference I could find to slip is D2216 TCC Lock Pressure Ramp. Is this the right
    Table? If not, then what is?
    One more question, Is Normal the "D" mode and Patter A the "S" mode? What is Pattern B? Oops that was 2 questions.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12