Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Help please, PCM in dead poll will not take flash, cos 5 upgrade

Thank you Joe! I will make the changes and get a new good log this afternoon.

I've been bouncing between the calc vet thread, the summary notes and the old version of the tutorial that is in with my software...No wonder I have been so lost. The new version at the bottom of the post explains it all much clearer and matches the rest of the tutorial. I bet if I updated my software like they say is the first thing you are supposed to do, I might have avoided all these headaches.

Yes, please use the current (most latest) form of the tutorial and summary notes.

It is a huge help now, going back over it to make sure I didn't assume something. I logged a new run but I am doubting my new data because it still makes such a jagged dent in my VE table. In my head I am picturing a wrinklier version of GM's for me to just smooth out.

***edit I used the SELBEN to correct my Maf freq, it was way off! That seems like it was a big reason why my VE data was so all over the place, I also am learning how to drive to get better data, mix of low gear on side roads to get high rpm readings and highway in 2nd gear and D to get the lower vacuum cells. Now my corrections are in the .95 to 1.05 ish range and getting closer to 1.0. They were as high as 1.25.

It feels good to be getting closer to understanding this, I changed all my units over to g*K/Kpa and EQ ratio. Until this afternoon I wasnt exactly sure what EQ ratio was

Thank you!
    Last edited by johnmaster; August 19th, 2011 at 05:58 PM.

iT'S aLIVE! Lots if little bugs to work out but it runs and drives! thank you for all your help, now i just need to start tuning it up

First thing I need to fix is the shifting so I don't destroy the transmission putting any power to it. I went through great pains to make sure the transmission was running and shifting in speed density before I disassembled Johnny 5 to build it up with the turbo and carburetor. It ran great but the maf was plugged in even though it was failed. I should have cut the wires and drove it because I get the feeling it was still influenced by the maf but I can't be absolutely sure. It is not right, I get a clunk like an upshift when I let off, it labors out first pretty noticeably it kind of slides into and out of gears, low throttle shifts are just all around not crisp or timed properly.
    How do I log or determine what is being calculated to determine that it's commanding proper shift pressure? A problem that might be influencing this is that the tps is for a completely different application, I set it to zero and it goes to 100 almost exactly at wot, but I am getting a tps low voltage p0122 code so perhaps I need to twist it open a bit and reset the truck with an unplug-on-off-replug to get the tps up to voltage? I will do that in the morning but otherwise any ideas?

Hi John,

It runs good job.

Have a read thru these:
    Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post

Thanks man! Couldn't have done it without you! lots of sleepless nights learning how to tune with your help. Once I get my software working right I should be able to see what the transmission is seeing and hopefully figure out what it needs to shift right. I will start in on these threads as soon as I can. Then it's spark, and fuel and boost, good fun. I found a nice Mustang eddy current dyno and a skilled tuner who is going to help me fine tune this thing into shape, just gotta get it relatively close before i drag it in there. I have quite a few supporting mods to do but gotta take it one step at a time.

A year later and here we are! From what I can tell, The Worlds first propane turbo LS powered Vehicle!

http://www.performancetrucks.net/for...-video-507389/

This could not have happened without EFIlive forums, especially Joecars dedication to sorting out the lost bolts!

Joe is the man when it comes to sorting out lost bolts! Couple times I almost lost my nuts, but didn't thanks to him... and I know I have a few screws loose - maybe no help for that though
    GM EFI Tuner
    02 WS6 9.41 @ 143 MPH 3675#, drag radials, pump gas, through the mufflers - sold

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast