Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Calc VET

Default Calc VET

I'm doing a second Calc VET and am having trouble pasting map values to the VE table, it worked first the first time but the values get pasted as shown in the map.
    Any ideas what I'm doing wrong? SELBEN Factor map works correctly.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Calc VET paste1.jpg 
Views:	279 
Size:	178.1 KB 
ID:	11674   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Calc VET paste.jpg 
Views:	261 
Size:	350.0 KB 
ID:	11675  

Lifetime Member

As long as you are certain your calc_pids.txt, as well as the SELBEN and VET maps were properly constructed - and you have applied appropriate filters - then apply your results.

The results in the VET table map above appear to be a BEN factor - so to apply these would you select all, then choose the "Copy with Labels" function - then in your VE table select all, then choose the "Paste and multiply with Labels" function.

Regards,
    Taz

Quote Originally Posted by Taz View Post
    As long as you are certain your calc_pids.txt, as well as the SELBEN and VET maps were properly constructed - and you have applied appropriate filters - then apply your results.

The results in the VET table map above appear to be a BEN factor - so to apply these would you select all, then choose the "Copy with Labels" function - then in your VE table select all, then choose the "Paste and multiply with Labels" function.

Regards,
    Taz

Ok, that worked!! am I missing something when reading the tutorial, for the VE table it states you just copy with labels.

Lifetime Member

The tutorial was a work in progress by our late friend WeathermanShawn. It is not the final product that would have been submitted for publication - he was sharing it with us while under development - both for our benefit and to help improve the final document.

Regards,
    Taz

I read about Shawn's passing, he was a very bright guy!!

I just realized you are a Canadian, I'm located in Oakville and have a 1986 Porsche 944 with LS1/6, I plan to eventually take the car to Champion Motor Sports to have it tuned + Dynoed.

The car is running quite well after applying Calc VET but I'm having some vibration from idle till around 3K, it feels like the motor is pulsing but goes like hell once over 3K RPM. The motor also appears to cut out when I go hard on the gas, almost like going into second gear instead of 4th, if I rev up slowly I don't have any problems. I'm looking for some help with these issues so if you have any ideas, please let me know.

Thanks!!

Lifetime Member

Do you have the misfire diagnostic routine active in your tune ? I find using the misfire diagnostic can assist in sorting out the type of issue you are describing - either inclusive or exclusive. In a "cammed" engine I will generally set the misfire diagnostic to be active well above idle - such that any camshaft "lope" is not erroneously detected as a misfire.

Post your tune if you wish - will take a look for anything that stands out as contributory to the above described issues.

Regards,
    Taz

Do you have the misfire diagnostic routine active in your tune ? I find using the misfire diagnostic can assist in sorting out the type of issue you are describing - either inclusive or exclusive. In a "cammed" engine I will generally set the misfire diagnostic to be active well above idle - such that any camshaft "lope" is not erroneously detected as a misfire.

Post your tune if you wish - will take a look for anything that stands out as contributory to the above described issues.

Regards,
    Taz
    I'm not familiar with misfire diagnostics, ill take a look in to that feature. I'm running a 226/229 .575/.578 116 LSA cam, I didn't think this was large enough to cause problems.

I've also posted a copy of my latest tune, I'm building this tune slowly as I get a better understanding of the PCM and motor.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Lifetime Member

I took a quick look at your tune - all segments are 2002 Camaro - but the tune has been highly altered. A little more information about the engine and parts used would be helpful before recommending any changes - i.e. stock 2002 LS1 longblock with the above camshaft, stock LS1 injectors, Camaro or Truck MAF / IAT ...etc.

Regards,
    Taz

Yes, that would make sense. I bought the PCM and harness from a speed shop in the US, they used a basic tune that didn't run very well. Since receiving the PCM, I've been enabling and changing things based on what I've read and recommendations from others.

Here are the specs;

LS6 Block with DIY ported 806 Heads
    LS6 Intake
    85mm TB
    226/229 .575/.578 116 LSA cam
    2000 up PCM
    MSD Blaster Coils
    Hooker Shorty Headers
    No CATS
    85mm Professional Products MAF
    30lb Injectors
    Fuel Pressure set to 58PSI, external FPR with return.

Thanks !!

I took a quick look at your tune - all segments are 2002 Camaro - but the tune has been highly altered. A little more information about the engine and parts used would be helpful before recommending any changes - i.e. stock 2002 LS1 longblock with the above camshaft, stock LS1 injectors, Camaro or Truck MAF / IAT ...etc.

Regards,
    Taz
    Yes, that would make sense. I bought the PCM and harness from a speed shop in the US, they used a basic tune that didn't run very well. Since receiving the PCM, I've been enabling and changing things based on what I've read and recommendations from others.

Here are the specs;

LS6 Block with DIY ported 806 Heads
    LS6 Intake
    85mm TB
    226/229 .575/.578 116 LSA cam
    2000 up PCM
    MSD Blaster Coils
    Hooker Shorty Headers
    No CATS
    85mm Professional Products MAF
    30lb Injectors
    Fuel Pressure set to 58PSI, external FPR with return.
    15904068 LS1 MAF with IAT
    Corvette C5 K+N Filter

Thanks !!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast