Thread: 6l90e built trans tune?

Default 6l90e built trans tune?

Anyone have a tune for a built 6l90e? I just put a built trans in the cts-v and would like to get some pointers on making this trans shift good. Thanks.

Be sure not to go to overboard with shift times. With these being totally different than the 4-speeds, they do require SOME shift timing in there. Shift timing and pressures seem to be key. MPH and RPM have to be dialed in correctly for precise wot shifting. Adaptive learning needs to be left on, it actually helps these transmissions learn and shift better. Reflashing the tcm does NOT appear to clear the adaptive learning trims, so they need to be 0'd out in the scan tool to ensure it isn't running on old trims causing some funky shifting. I have my shift times setup at about .25 sec, and I have a nice firm quick shift without being violent. I have raised the pressures a bit at a time, until I got the feel I wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhino79 View Post
    Be sure not to go to overboard with shift times. With these being totally different than the 4-speeds, they do require SOME shift timing in there. Shift timing and pressures seem to be key. MPH and RPM have to be dialed in correctly for precise wot shifting. Adaptive learning needs to be left on, it actually helps these transmissions learn and shift better. Reflashing the tcm does NOT appear to clear the adaptive learning trims, so they need to be 0'd out in the scan tool to ensure it isn't running on old trims causing some funky shifting. I have my shift times setup at about .25 sec, and I have a nice firm quick shift without being violent. I have raised the pressures a bit at a time, until I got the feel I wanted.
    Is this on a stock or built trans? Thanks

Stock.