Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 5.9L Pulsewidth and Fueling unlocked

FUBAR, 'Minimum' is the correct setting, very odd it sent you backwards, what OS is your truck running?
    Oh, also make sure there is no pilot if you want maximum fuel on the main, if there is pilot there is some scaling back of the main too.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    FUBAR, 'Minimum' is the correct setting, very odd it sent you backwards, what OS is your truck running?
    Oh, also make sure there is no pilot if you want maximum fuel on the main, if there is pilot there is some scaling back of the main too.

As far as Pilot goes, It commands 481uS up to 3200RPM, then supposed to shut off untill mm3 drops to 120mm3 then kicks back in at 481uS. Now...where my mm3 was dropping, (maybe due to my duration being cut back??) Pilot was carrying on up in the Nether region of the RPM's.

I've got a solution though. I'm gonna completely shut off Pilot to eliminate the possibility of it hindering anything. Guess when my buddy and I played around with getting the truck to run right on a single injection event, it had more credit than just a novelty item. That's what's cool about EFI, the ability to do this. Back to the 7.3 Stroker sound...well at least my injectors will last longer on a single event, but that's another topic for a different day.

-FUBAR
    06 5.9L, EFILive / Silver Bullet Tuning
    06 LBZ, EFILive

Kill off the pilot pulse in it's commanded mm3 table, not the pulse width table. The routine that scales back the main pulse checks the pilot commanded mm3, not pulse time. So if you zero the pilot pulse table only, other parts of the code will still be thinking there is pilot being commanded.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Ross,
    Thanks. I actually kill all the Pilot quantity tables and adjust timing to make it run. Anywhoo, I just logged a run and woohoo!!!!! Carried pulse right up to about 3500rpm when it started to taper off. mm3 only tapered off slightly. Besides the pants-of-the-seat feeling, I knew I had more pulse (fuel) up top when I glanced and seen my EGT gauge pegged at 1600 instantly. Lol

Thanks!
    06 LBZ, EFILive

Quote Originally Posted by FUBAR View Post

As far as Pilot goes, It commands 481uS up to 3200RPM, then supposed to shut off untill mm3 drops to 120mm3 then kicks back in at 481uS. Now...where my mm3 was dropping, (maybe due to my duration being cut back??) Pilot was carrying on up in the Nether region of the RPM's.

I've got a solution though. I'm gonna completely shut off Pilot to eliminate the possibility of it hindering anything. Guess when my buddy and I played around with getting the truck to run right on a single injection event, it had more credit than just a novelty item. That's what's cool about EFI, the ability to do this. Back to the 7.3 Stroker sound...well at least my injectors will last longer on a single event, but that's another topic for a different day.

-FUBAR

LMAO Here we go again!
    06 2500 SLT 4x4 , G56, 105,000 miles, 2nd exhaust manifold, 2nd gen air intake horn, SBC 3600 DD, I. I. 90HP Sticks, straight pipe, manual high idle mod, custom air intake , and pretty much everything else engine wise is stock... LEARNING EFI LIVE

Ya it appears one thing after another with these wacko ecm's.

Spray & Pray

Kinda off topic, but on the same subject...PILOT SUCKS! There ya go Chris!
    06 LBZ, EFILive

I run a modified pilot timing and mm3 table up to 2600rpms then I "0" them both out after 2600, and I can hold a 3000pw up to 3600.

I would suggest maybe trying something like that and see if your pulse times come back up to your commanded.

~Les
    Les Szmidt
    2007 5.9 Dodge Ram
    2014 Ram 3500 Aisin tuning Emissions Equipped
    EFI Live Cummins BETA Tester
    Silver Bullet Tuning
    silverbullettuning@gmail.com
    www.youtube.com/ljszmidt
    http://www.facebook.com/SilverBulletTuninig

les, did u have your tables set to "minimum"? haven't messed with pilot yet and wanted to get as much info as possible before i start. thanks

Yes,

My D0511 "Main Injector Pulse Limiter" is set to minimum.

Thats the limiter we in BETA have been testing with awesome results in keeping pulse times high.

~Les
    Les Szmidt
    2007 5.9 Dodge Ram
    2014 Ram 3500 Aisin tuning Emissions Equipped
    EFI Live Cummins BETA Tester
    Silver Bullet Tuning
    silverbullettuning@gmail.com
    www.youtube.com/ljszmidt
    http://www.facebook.com/SilverBulletTuninig

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast