Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Release Candidate 2, Aug 19, 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Dmaxink View Post
    Les, have you tried COMPLETELY uninstalling efilive and everything that goes with it--then reinstall? Mine freaked out the other day and i just uninstalled it completely and then reinstalled and everything has been fine since...
    This worked for me also.

Lifetime Member

I need to do a CKV relearn on my 0411, but I can't find it in the 7.5 scan software under the bi-directional menu. Did it get moved somewhere? It's running COS5, can't remember what the OS was, something like 0202005.
    E85 is NOT flex fuel.

2003 Chevy S10 4.3L LU3 LS1B Auto
    48 LB injectors
    Race Proven Motors 2114 intake
    T70 turbo.

Have ? about when we update to the newer versions do we lose all scripts and all save info. thanks shannon

Quote Originally Posted by nevinsb View Post
    I need to do a CKV relearn on my 0411, but I can't find it in the 7.5 scan software under the bi-directional menu. Did it get moved somewhere? It's running COS5, can't remember what the OS was, something like 0202005.
    On the DVT tab, select LS1B, and then goto the Learning subtab.

Quote Originally Posted by easymon View Post
    Have ? about when we update to the newer versions do we lose all scripts and all save info. thanks shannon
    No you do not lose scripts, dashboards, maps... but it would be a good idea to back these up.

And welcome to the forum

When I go into the Scan and Tune tool to perform the updates, I click on BBX and then read and am getting a "0185:File or Folder not Found" Error message. Any suggestions or something I am doing wrong? Truck is an 07' Cummins. I'm still tryin to learn everything I can, just a new guy here! Thanks guys!

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Amab145 View Post
    When I go into the Scan and Tune tool to perform the updates, I click on BBX and then read and am getting a "0185:File or Folder not Found" Error message. Any suggestions or something I am doing wrong? Truck is an 07' Cummins. I'm still tryin to learn everything I can, just a new guy here! Thanks guys!
    The [Read] option reads back any previously programmed PID or tuning options. If you have never programmed any PID options then there will be nothing to read back yet - hence the $0185 error.
    The cleanest way to program your selected PID and tuning options is to use the drop down arrow on the [Program] button to format the Config file system. That clears out all previous configuration data.
    Then, after selecting which controllers/PIDs you want to have available in standalone mode, just click on the [Program] button to program your selection into FlashScan.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Is BBX/standalone data logging for Cummins down the pipe anytime?
    06 5.9L, EFILive / Silver Bullet Tuning
    06 LBZ, EFILive

Quote Originally Posted by FUBAR View Post
    Is BBX/standalone data logging for Cummins down the pipe anytime?
    FUBAR, I have in mind that we won't end up sticking with the limited scan ability of the factory OS. In beta to find those RPM limiters I created a custom PID set that logs super fast and all of it is useful data, not just 4 out of 10 things like the factory defined.
    It is planned that this will make it in to the switchable tuning for Cummins (whenever that happens), I would rather spend time defining that for BBX than the somewhat disappointing factory scan info. Of course this would mean you need to be running a switchable tune, but lets face it, when that arrives everyone will anyway.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

About right...lol, i purchased a mega cab cummins today to have since i enjoyed them so much in Beta testing and i tried to license my personal truck and its the only one that wont work! lol my luck...Attatched is what it is telling me about not being able to license the controller... Any input on what to try? It read just fine... ThanksClick image for larger version. 

Name:	5.9 cummins error.png 
Views:	194 
Size:	476.5 KB 
ID:	11789
    -Kory

I'm out of ideas? Nah trick... When in doubt, 0xFFFF it out!

http://www.PPEI.com/

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast