Thread: Changing Options Like Body Control Module Stuff

Default Changing Options Like Body Control Module Stuff

I'm new to EFI Live, I got it for my Duramax and it did everything I wanted.

I now want to use it to tune my Dad's '08 6.0L 2500hd. He lives 4.5 hours away from me, so I can't really just play with it on his truck. The main things he wants to change are controlled by the BCM, like the Tire Pressure Monitor, and the Alternator control.

He wants the Tire Pressure light to go away when he is running his snow tires in the winter, without having to buy a second set of pressure sensors.

He is also one of those that has charging problems when he plows because the BCM goes into a protection mode when using the plow, which drops the charging voltage down to 12.6. The dealer replaced everything related to it in attempts to fix the problem, until they finally talked to an engineer to find out it is a programming thing to protect the Computers from voltage spikes in the event of a crash. The plow is dropping the voltage enough to send the BCM into protection mode.

Can anyone tell me if I will be able to fix those problems, or if EFIlive changes anything in the BCM at all?
    2006 K2500 CC LB LBZ Diesel

EFILive edits the ECM and TCM, and not the BCM.

Lifetime Member

Unfortunately you need to find someone who knows how to edit the BCM of that truck. EFILive cannot edit the BCM, its only communications with any BCM is the end of flash clear DTCs command it broadcasts to all modules.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Lifetime Member

Try www.whiteautoandmedia.com and be patient. And expect to pay if something can be done . This stuff is not remotely easy. in fact unless you are GM it is pure 100% wizardry!