Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: P1516 and P2101 on boosted E38

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    Cheers,
    Ross

P.S - E38 being legacy =
    Oki doki thanks. Yes just facing reality on the E38, even though in the conversion world it will be around for a while.

I just DL'd and installed 7.5 build 178. It seems to have messed with the USB drivers and now EFILive wont talk through the V2 to a controller anymore (T42) or comes back with messed up info (E38).

Is that correct?

Can this be reversed?

Ian,

Try this: Start->All Programs->EFILive->V7.5->Tools->USB Manager and click on Install USB 2.02.04 USB... maybe click on Uninstall USB drivers first.

Sorry, I'd forgotten about this one.

What I'd look at is....

• {C0805}: Add lots, you shouldn't need to max out every cell, but as you get higher in the TPS% range it can't hurt.
    • {C0806}: Again, add lots,you shouldn't need to max out every cell, but as you get higher in the TPS% range it can't hurt.

Note that both of these are "change" related settings, it's not an absolute measurement but an amount of change from the previous reading.
    • {C0807}: A new setting to play with. It may be worht trying to increase this value to see if it helps. I've never played with it and have no idea what it'll do though. Proceed with caution.
    • {C0808): As above.

Don't forget to check the FF's when the DTC's are set. They can hold additional inmformation about what condition actually set the DTC

If it really gets hard to tie down, you could try setting P2101 to "not reported" in the "DTC Type" settings. Probably not something you'd do on a long term basis, but for fault finding it may help.

Simon

Quote Originally Posted by swingtan View Post

What I'd look at is....

• {C0805}: Add lots, you shouldn't need to max out every cell, but as you get higher in the TPS% range it can't hurt.
    • {C0806}: Again, add lots,you shouldn't need to max out every cell, but as you get higher in the TPS% range it can't hurt.

Note that both of these are "change" related settings, it's not an absolute measurement but an amount of change from the previous reading.
    • {C0807}: A new setting to play with. It may be worht trying to increase this value to see if it helps. I've never played with it and have no idea what it'll do though. Proceed with caution.

Don't forget to check the FF's when the DTC's are set. They can hold additional inmformation about what condition actually set the DTC

If it really gets hard to tie down, you could try setting P2101 to "not reported" in the "DTC Type" settings. Probably not something you'd do on a long term basis, but for fault finding it may help.

Simon
    setting P2101 to "not reported" doesnt work.....it will still go into limp mode just wont throw any codes

Quote Originally Posted by swingtan View Post

What I'd look at is....

Simon
    Max C0803, C0804, C0805, C0806 all out

If it is actually pushing the blade open with the procharger, maybe a larger BOV?

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    Ian,

Try this: Start->All Programs->EFILive->V7.5->Tools->USB Manager and click on Install USB 2.02.04 USB... maybe click on Uninstall USB drivers first.
    Thanks Joe. Will try that very next chance I get. Is it different USB drivers that cause this problem with the HAPI and make it un-happy?

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by JezzaB View Post
    Max C0803, C0804, C0805, C0806 all out

If it is actually pushing the blade open with the procharger, maybe a larger BOV?
    LOL...then it would sound like a real doof doof... Ka-chooosshhh

Still getting P1516 no matter what you change C0807 & C0808 to. It goes into limp mode as soon as you get into boost and let out to shift, it will throw P1516 every time.

Quote Originally Posted by minytrker View Post
    Still getting P1516 no matter what you change C0807 & C0808 to. It goes into limp mode as soon as you get into boost and let out to shift, it will throw P1516 every time.
    Did you end up resolving this?

From the OTHER FORUM

Open an E38 or E67 tune. Go into the Edit menu and hit "Add Slave Segment Data."
    This was added to allow customers with aftermarket throttle bodies to adjust P1516 DTC thresholds that can cause the vehicle to go into reduced engine power mode. The feature has the nice side effect of being able to truly write entire an ECM (initialize another ECM with the exact same tune).
    The slave segment section cannot be read back with the standard read process, but you can always add it this way.
    Is this the same as editing C0807 & C0808 ??

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast