Thread: Crank angle sender

Default Crank angle sender

Ok, here is the story. I have a 350 vortec crate engine, bought as a carby version. I am using a crank trigger distributor and so had to retro fit a reluctor / sender to the motor. Had trouble finding a pig tail for the sender so the fix was to fit three individual wires and fill the socket with glue, easy. Now I know the sender has +12V, signal and ground but wich is wich I dont know !. I believe the middle one is the signal and i suspect the bottom is +12V and that leaves the top as ground ?. Can someone confirm my suspisions ?.
    Last edited by RXP855; August 24th, 2011 at 11:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RXP855 View Post
    Ok, here is the story. I have a 350 vortec crate engine, bought as a carby version. I am using a crank trigger distributor and so had to retro fit a reluctor / sender to the motor. Had trouble finding a pig tail for the sender so the fix was to fit three individual wires and fill the socket with glue, easy. Now I know the sender has +12V, signal and ground but wich is wich I dont know !. I believe the middle one is the signal and i suspect the bottom is +12V and that leaves the top as ground ?. Can someone confirm my suspisions ?.
    Is anyone able to take a look at the sender on their motor and let me know the orientation of the wires on the sender ?. Should be pink, yellow and purple. All I need to know is what color is at the top, middle and bottom of the plug when it is installed in the timing cover. Anyone ????.