Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 5.9L ECM limits have been conquered

Thumbs up 5.9L ECM limits have been conquered

It's been a very productive week in Cummins Beta. Whilst the work involved trying to hunt down all these limiters hasn't really stopped from day one, we have had some major breakthroughs in the last few weeks.

The first was announced last week with a new calibration to stop the pulse width disappearing in the higher RPM's. However, in further testing there was still a problem from about 4,000RPM up with the final injector pulse time being dropped back by at least 20% from commanded, so whilst the fuel limiting was nowhere near as bad as it's been it was still there, enough to annoy me that I was going to have to beat this thing.

Just last night in conjunction with Starlite Diesel and his customer Derek Parker, we had a break through. I had found some more things that could be changed to help hold pulse width in the upper RPM's, it worked!!
    Looking over Derek's log he sent he now has as much fuel as they are commanding all the way to the set RPM limiter at 5,000RPM. I know Zach will be working with Derek on this tune further now this final hurdle has been overcome, so we can't wait to see how Derek goes at he's next competition event. I don't know what RPM limit Derek is planning on using in he's final tune, but there is now nothing to suggest he can't take this beyond 5,000RPM with all the fuel he needs.

If you look at the log below from Derek's truck you can see this ECM was giving full fuel to just before the desired 5,000RPM limiter kicked in, the tune is written in a way that commanded fuel will start to fall a little a few hundred RPM before it hits that set 5,000 RPM limiter.
    This just proves that all the 'experts' that told Cummins owners that their factory ECM was not capable of this are wrong. Maintaining pulse times of 2,500uS+ all the way to 5,000RPM, it can be done on the factory ECM...well, it can be done if tuned with EFILive
    EFILive will release another update with this final modification next week, however, there is a number of people who will be wanting this for events that are on this weekend, contact Cindy (you know her over at CompD etc) so we can get you set up.

Thanks to everyone involved and sorry to all those people not running EFILive tuning, you are about to get crushed by your EFILive competitors .

Cheers,
    EFILive

I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Amazing work. Thank all

Jake

"That'll do pig..that'll do." Job well done.
    06 5.9L, EFILive / Silver Bullet Tuning
    06 LBZ, EFILive

I'd just like to hear a sound clip when they recorded that log!
    06 5.9L, EFILive / Silver Bullet Tuning
    06 LBZ, EFILive

X2

Jake

I'll do you one better :-)

Derek took this video for me while data logging some seperate logs from those Ross posted above.... click below to have some video with your audio:

First Cummins Common Rail to fully fuel to 5000 RPMs with EFILive
    2005 Crew Cab Dually Duramax

Big turbos, big injectors, big pumps, crazy heads AND a flux capacitor...
    Best run so far on street tires: 11.14 @ 128.8 mph

Great news

Quote Originally Posted by zfuller123 View Post
    I'll do you one better :-)

Derek took this video for me while data logging some seperate logs from those Ross posted above.... click below to have some video with your audio:

First Cummins Common Rail to fully fuel to 5000 RPMs with EFILive
    That don't even sound like a CUMMINS anyore turning those kinds of RPM's, sounds more like an old straight 6 JEEP or something.
    1995 GMC 2500 SUBURBAN powered by 01 DURAMAX/ALLISON, little of this, a little of that,
    DIAMONDEYE 4" exhaust, CORSA muffler, AFE stage 1 dry filter, custom tuning by me, KENNEDY single pump and pump rub kit.

Lifetime Member AFTERMATH DIESEL's Avatar

Hats off to everyone.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast