Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Stock vs Smarty vs EFi Live

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    EFILive is just a modern day equivalent of a set of spanners and screwdrivers, I wonder how many people were told not to buy spanners in the 60's because they might blow their engine up.
    Me!!! :(

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

I'm on my 2800pw hot street tune with28* timing and minding my own business just now as a Smokey cummins ext cab with a Smarty sticker dumped smoke all over me and I'm in my.Mega cab and pulled the mess out of him with hardly no smoke and he flashed his lights at me and I pulled over to him demanding me to pop the Hood...I said you see that sticker you have on the back...that's why I just pulled you! Lol needless to say he is coming to the shop in the.morning for Efilive! Lol just thought I would share

Edit:excuse the typos and run-ons!!! Typing and driving not safe lol
    -Kory

I'm out of ideas? Nah trick... When in doubt, 0xFFFF it out!

http://www.PPEI.com/

Nice story Kory, almost as good as Jesse from Wait4Me selling a tune to the driver of the Hummer limo we were riding in a few years back at Vegas.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Glad to see you're diggin' the Mega Kory. I love people's expressions when they see the "big slow truck" light up like Ferrari...lol, ok maybe not the best analogy but ya get the picture.

Oh, and Kory's NOT exaggerating about his tune, IT HAULS the mail for sure!

My $0.02
    -Andrew
    06 5.9L, EFILive / Silver Bullet Tuning
    06 LBZ, EFILive

I talk to the guy the other day on the phone who supposedly build a 120 percent over cp 3 for the cummins I'm working on. the reason I called him was because after only adding a little bit of fuel it started to drop rail pressure. when I told him this he ask me how I added fueland I said with EFILive. And he said oh you have to stay away from that you'll blow your engine up. I said what do you use and he said I stack a bully dog with an mp8. I said that's funny the last engine i saw melt down had 1 of those as Nick @ duramaxtuner says "smoking rattling day to spool up death stacks". he then proceeded to tell me that you don't add fuel by increasing duration you add fuel by increasing pressure. Guess I should have bought a pump elsewhere!

Quote Originally Posted by cumminsDK View Post
    he ask me how I added fueland I said with EFILive. And he said oh you have to stay away from that you'll blow your engine up.
    It's pretty sad isn't it. It'll take a while, but they'll come around.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    It's pretty sad isn't it. It'll take a while, but they'll come around.
    I don't care so much anymore trying to correct and inform the mis-led...I just let the spanking do the talking..
    06 5.9L, EFILive / Silver Bullet Tuning
    06 LBZ, EFILive

Give it a year and everyone will know what the deal is...justtt like the dmax world
    -Kory

I'm out of ideas? Nah trick... When in doubt, 0xFFFF it out!

http://www.PPEI.com/

EFILIVE can melt an engine down as fast as anything in the wrong hands, BUT in the hands of somebody with some patience it can make an engine into what it SHOULD be. I've helped a few people with tuning that have melted em down, and it seems when they do this it normally begins with them using a boxed tuner and just adding more fuel to it rather than just build a tune from the ground up. I know I tried this as well and I was unimpressed with the results, but with alot of help from somebody on the forums I learned a little bit and now have some good running tunes. It's just like back in the 60's alot of cars got melted down because of too much timing and not enough fuel by people who didn't know what they were doing. In the right hands it's great, but in the wrong hands it can be an engine killer. It pretty much all boils down to who is doing the tuning.
    1995 GMC 2500 SUBURBAN powered by 01 DURAMAX/ALLISON, little of this, a little of that,
    DIAMONDEYE 4" exhaust, CORSA muffler, AFE stage 1 dry filter, custom tuning by me, KENNEDY single pump and pump rub kit.

Agree 100%

Jake

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast