Thread: Customer with Scanner Issues

Default Customer with Scanner Issues

Hey guys,
    I've got a guy that I'm presently working with on an LB7 Duramax. I emailed him a PID file to use, but when he tried to open it from the email it said "invalid file format" so I emailed him a screen shot showing which PID's were selected....

Well, when he selects the PID's some of them (10 I think he said) have red x's through them.... I told him to make sure he had everything updated, then connect to the trucks ECM, and they should validate.... he claims he did all of that and nothing changed, they are still x'd out.... is there anything else I'm missing?

Perhaps it's not properly registered or something???

His factory ECM got ran over, so he replaced it with a Bosch he said, but he can flash it and everything just fine.
    Peace Through Torque

Punisher Performance DSP5 Tuning, PPE Dual CP3's, 68mm Fleece Cheetah, Punisher Built trans w/ Suncoast Parts, Airdog 165, SoCal 100% Overs, ARP Studs

2013 NHRDA Sportsman World Champion

www.PunisherPerformance.com

Lifetime Member

Did he validate the PIDs? Edit -> Validate PIDs with all the cables connected and the scan tool connected to the truck.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.