Thread: Connected Device Not Responding - Flashscan

Default Connected Device Not Responding - Flashscan

Ok, am I doing something wrong here? My Flashscan has FW: 2.07.14 and BB: 2.07.02 loaded onto it and I'm using 2.08.14 drivers with V7.5 and V8 loaded. Tried EFI Explorer and HAPI, but everytime I connect the Flashscan to the computer it says the device is connected, then a few seconds later a bubble pops up off the HAPI/Control Panel icon in system tray saying "Connected device is not responding". I can see the Flashscan in the Device Manager of Windows, it clearly recognizes the device is connected, but I can't do anything else. No flashscan info(FW/BB) shows in the EFI control panel, no serial info or anything populates and if I try to hit Status or connect it does the same thing, device not responding. I've tried 2.02.04 drivers as well, no luck. Anyone have any tips? Am I missing something blatantly obvious?

Also to note is I'm not trying to run the 7.5 software at the same time and in task manager the only EFI process I ever see running while it's connected is the HAPI. So it's not a conflict with two programs trying to access it I don't think.

Thanks for the help.

Look at posts #4 and #7 here: Can-t-view-Electronic-Throttle-folder

The tune tool and the V8 software can't see the flashscan, no firmware information will populate in the EFI Explorer or anywhere. No serial number/VIN's populate either. I've tried the two different drivers from the USB manager already, no luck on either. I'm going to download the latest builds of the V7.5 and V8 software and see if that fixes it or not, but I can't update the firmware/bootblock because the software says the Flashscan is unresponsive.

Well I got it to work for a couple minutes, started EFI Scan and Tune then plugged the device in, it booted up and started fine, got the computer to recognize it. So I went out to my truck to read the ECM and it got 2.5 minutes into the read and the device went "unresponsive" again. Anyone have any idea what's causing this? Trying to download the newest builds of V8 and V7.5 now to try out, but if that doesn't work, I won't be able to update my firmware/bootblock at all. Is it possible I have a faulty device?

Lifetime Member

Try installing the 2.02.04 USB drivers. Also, upgrade to the RC2 version from the Software update section of the forum. First sticky in the forums second topic.

Ira