Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No cummins pid list?

Default No cummins pid list?

Hi. I am new to efilive. I would like to scan/data log, but there is no cummins pid list to choose from - just duramax, etc. I just updated everything so I should have the latest software. Can anyone help me with this? Thanks.

Once you have a specific cummins pid list that you like just save it as that, then you'll have it for future use.

oh, I was thinking that the pids were cummins specific because if I select any of the other pids no values are displayed after I connect, just 0's and -40*.

alls you have to do is clear the current pid's that automatically come up and then go through the pid selection list and pick the ones (when you click on the pid's, it'll give you a group of them. you can't pick an individual pid.) you want to monitor. once you've picked them, click on the save pid file and name it what you want. like lee said, when you go back into your scan tool the next time, it'll be there all ready for you. hope this helps

Thanks, got that done. Thought at first I was missing something, not that it just had to put it together yet. Now that I have the pid list done, and connected to the ecm, all values still show 0 with the truck running under the data and dashboard tabs. What am I doing wrong here?

when you say its connected to the ecm, you mean you hit the green button in the upper left hand corner of the screen in the scan tool, correct? if you've done that, alls you should have to do is make sure the pid list you made is the one thats open and hit the yellow or red record buttons at the bottom middle of the page under the data tab( the yellow shows the pid info without recording and the red records).

Ok, I will try actually recording it. I was thinking that I would be able to see the data in real time. Is this the case, or do I have to record it and watch it back?

Thanks

both yellow and red are real time. the yellow does not record and the red does.

I have not tried the yellow button - looks like that's it. Thanks for being patient with me and answering my dumb questions!

hey man, were all here to learn. if you have any other questions, don't hesitate to ask. there are some very knowledgeable people on here

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast