Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Got a dyno tune. Does this look strange?

Default Got a dyno tune. Does this look strange?

Looked through my tune after having it dyno tuned. Some of the stuff he did looks strange. Take a look at the VE and Spark tables and how they are set up. The injector flow rate table is strange also. Take a look and see what you guys think. He used HP Tuners to tune it.

[attach]11872
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]11873
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by ForcefeedWS6; September 7th, 2011 at 03:34 PM.

Any chance you have a copy of base tune you can attach?
    2015 Z06 A8

I added my stock tune.

Just a quick look and I am just layman but it looks like a pretty through tune. VE table seems reasonable. Your tuner even tweaked your MAF table which is not all that common.. I can only guess but he may have used the IFR tables to achieve a desired AFR. This is not uncommon.
    High timing table and low timing table are identical. I always felt it was better to have the low octane table carry lower timing value than the high octane table just in case you come across a bad batch of fuel or knock. Looks like he pulled some timing and added. Also see a slight reduction in timing in max tq area 4400-4800 rpm. Again pretty normal.

How was AFR based on dyno tune?

Overall, I see a lot of work put into your tune.

I am sure others will offer opinions as well.
    2015 Z06 A8

What mods do you have? Did a quick look and I agree, looks like someone spent some time on it, didn't see alot of hacks and shortcuts I see alot of times.

Looks thorough, Main VE and Back VE seem to match.

LTFT trimming is disabled, this is intentional if you intend to run OL.

Also, there is one parameter that is out of range (according to EFILive build 180 tunetool):
    Out of Range calibration summary: 08:29:26 am, Thursday Sep 08, 2011

Engine Calibration.Fuel.Trim
    {B3802} Minimum Coolant Temp to enable LTFT, was out of range when loaded.
    That can be fixed by setting the temp to 283F (if you intend to run OL).

Also, IFR table being flat indicates you have a manifold referenced FPR (located at fuel rail, and has return line), is this what you have...?

As Chalky said above, I like LO spark to be a little lower than HO spark table. Also, I like PE table to be a little richer, but it's ok where it is as long as you don't get knock.

Overall tune looks good.

The IFR table confused me since they were flat all the way across and not going up. I do not have a vac ref reg on the rail. Running in OL is what he set up, I didn't ask him to do that. I don't know what the afr was when tuning. My dyno sheet didn't say and he didn't say. When he tuned it he said it seemed like somethinmg was choking it. It made 405hp, he thought it would have been a little more around 420hp. I read about the flowmaster 80 series having alot of restriction. I pulled it off and man did it wake it up. It leaned it out, my STFT's are adding 40-45% at idle. I need to drive it and log data and see what kind of knock retard I have. I've tried rescaling my injectors and got my STFT's down to +/-4% at idle. However it is rich as hell when it first starts. STFT shows -20 to -25% for a few minutes then it works down. If I try to do a warm restart it loads up and dies. Thanks for the info joecar on clearing up the error in the tune.

My mods are 230/230 598/612 111+2, 243 heads milled to 62cc,36lb injectors,racetronix fuel pump,ls6 intake,lid,pacesetter longtubes, tsp catted y pipe, slp lm1 and motive 3.90 gears.

If you have no vacuum reference on the FPR then the IFR has to be sloped (the slope is actually the squareroot of pressure ratio)...

get your tuner to use the spreadsheet to calculate the sloped IFR for your injectors... he will then need to revisit the VE and MAF tables.

Unfortunatley i got my tune almost a year ago. It ran fine, it just leaned out after I removed the flowmaster. They want me to pay for another one. Was hoping to get my fuel trims close and check for knock retard. When I scaled my injectors it was realy rich on a cold start and a warm restart.

If you rescale the IFR then you have to rescale the VE and MAF tables.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast