Thread: Can someone look over this log please?

Default Can someone look over this log please?

Hey guys,
    Here's the lowdown, 2006 LBZ, got super sluggish on the bottom end of first gear..... from what I can see in the log every parameter is hitting the mark, pulse width, timing, boost, FRP, Torque based fuel, MAF, all dead on.....

However, it's taking forever to build torque, when I watch the log on table B1115, the cell goes straight to the bottom like it should but the actual readings are much slower to follow.

Hopefully someone else has had this problem, I'll post the tune with it but please note the following, The top end fuel pressure in the tune I'm posting has been increased, and the top end pulse width has been decreased some. The problem area has not been changed.

Truck has a 6" lift, 35" tires, 80hp injectors, lift pump @10psi, and Fleece 64mm Cheetah in stock housing.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Peace Through Torque

Punisher Performance DSP5 Tuning, PPE Dual CP3's, 68mm Fleece Cheetah, Punisher Built trans w/ Suncoast Parts, Airdog 165, SoCal 100% Overs, ARP Studs

2013 NHRDA Sportsman World Champion

www.PunisherPerformance.com

Another thing worth mentioning is that this is occurring on all tunes not just DSP 3
    Peace Through Torque

Punisher Performance DSP5 Tuning, PPE Dual CP3's, 68mm Fleece Cheetah, Punisher Built trans w/ Suncoast Parts, Airdog 165, SoCal 100% Overs, ARP Studs

increase A9307.. bump up A9315 as well. 1100 Nm (811ft/lb) is pretty low. just google a few dyno charts.. just now saw a 435hp/850ft/lb LBZ, that would necesitate minimum of 1150 Nm.. I'd run it up to 13-1400 just so your not unintentionally limiting torque output shooting for 500hp. you didn't log any boost.. what alt do you live at? have you made any changes to your TCM tune?
    Last edited by Black6spdZ; September 10th, 2011 at 06:06 AM.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Black6spdZ View Post
    increase A9307.. bump up A9315 as well. 1100 Nm (811ft/lb) is pretty low. just google a few dyno charts.. just now saw a 435hp/850ft/lb LBZ, that would necesitate minimum of 1150 Nm.. I'd run it up to 13-1400 just so your not unintentionally limiting torque output shooting for 500hp. you didn't log any boost.. what alt do you live at? have you made any changes to your TCM tune?
    Those torque values are only references. They aren't actual torque values. The torque reference on the LBZ doesn't go over about 775 ft-lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by JoshH View Post
    Those torque values are only references. They aren't actual torque values. The torque reference on the LBZ doesn't go over about 775 ft-lbs.
    thats odd.. for just being an unimportant "reference" that EFILive decided it was an important enough parameter to include in the DSP section. are you saying it could be zeroed with no i'll effects?

Josh isn't saying the values are not important...only saying that over 775 he has not seen any advantage of exceeding...in my testing I have seen reference up to 1150 but have full fueling at 812. My Max values are 850 and full fuel no problem..not to say others may have that fortune though.. mm3 and torque are both references to fuel..its like torque>mm3> limiters=our final delivery which is main pulse in a nut shell.... hope this helps!
    -Kory

I'm out of ideas? Nah trick... When in doubt, 0xFFFF it out!

http://www.PPEI.com/

Just based on MAF reading, you are having a hard time with spoolup. Nearly 4 seconds. I didn't look at the tune, but the log suggests you are focusing on a clean truck. That is admirable, but bigger tires and bigger turbo conspire to kill rpm rise, and delay spoolup. TC may be a factor also, looks like a 1600 stall. Anyway that's what I am seeing. Take away some of your mixture related fuel limiting, and that should help spoolup.
    Michael, Systems Engineer 04.5 D-max LLY, Phoenix, Arizona Email
    Custom Tuning Services
    DURAMAX/CUMMINS ECM's TCM's for sale, all years, 20% wholesale discount available
    EFILive's first VGT "Software Wastegate Tune"

And experiment is 4wd LO. The should quickly raise your rpm, and indicate if the equipment is hurting itself, as said before, big tires plus slow converter plus bigger turbo plus clean tune....are all going to slow the onset of peak torque.
    Michael, Systems Engineer 04.5 D-max LLY, Phoenix, Arizona Email
    Custom Tuning Services
    DURAMAX/CUMMINS ECM's TCM's for sale, all years, 20% wholesale discount available
    EFILive's first VGT "Software Wastegate Tune"

Well here's what we tried based on suggestions, I ramped up the pedal position to desired torque table sooner and that worked well! I assumed it was a fuel limiter I was overlooking this whole time..... duh! Guess I'll know for next time.

And yes Killerbee always go for the cleanest possible tune

Thanks guys for the responses!
    Peace Through Torque

order of operation: Pedal position to desired torque table, torque based fuel table, then main pulsewidth table.. there are torque limits all over including TCM tune so always have to go over it with a fine tooth comb depending on the power levels you are shooting for. For the new and untrained tuners its so easy to just go straight for the pulsewidth table to look for power but these ECMs are far more complicated.. I'm sure Killerbee will agree on that.. its easy to make power for a dyno.. bit more difficult to refine the tunes for smooth efficient power delivery.