Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Calibrated Success Training DVD#2

Default Calibrated Success Training DVD#2

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cal Suc 2nd Ed CD_SAMPLE.jpg 
Views:	559 
Size:	51.3 KB 
ID:	10764

For those that found my first home training DVD useful, I am just putting the finishing touches on a second, more advanced DVD that picks up where the first one left off. This disc uses a LOT of EFILive to demonstrate the proper methods for tuning "Virtual VE", scaling for large injectors and airflows, dealing with large camshafts and a few other goodies.

You'll see more of the step by step process as I tune cars on a load bearing dyno. For the scaling exercise I have a great side by side comparison that shows the effects of scaling and proves that everything can indeed work out just like stock when you do it properly. There's also a demo showing the effects of end of injection with a large cam and how we know we're seeing the right results when adjustments are made.

We're wrapping it up right now and it should be on sale soon. Once this DVD is out, I will be revising the content and format of my Advanced GM tuning classes too. I try to make sure that I don't repeat the same thing over and over again (but the fundamentals will never go away!) so expect some different stuff in the live events once the scaling and VVE stuff is out on disc.
    ~Greg
    Calibrated Success - EFI Training and Tuning Done Right
    GM Beginner's Guide DVD available now through Summit!
    Engine Management: Advanced Tuning - Amazon's best deal for the EFI crowd.

Cool...
    2008 2WD Ext.Cab Silverado 1500 6.0 V-MAX E38(L76) & T42(4L70E) MAF Only CL Corvette Servo AFE CAI INNOVATIVE LM-2 WBO2

FLASHSCAN V2 & AUTOCAL

Lifetime Member

So does this mean that the DVDs will become required preface for the classes ??

As I'm in Australia I have found it more difficult to source the First DVD and I would also like the second as it becomes available. Can I buy direct?

The first DVD is already a prerequisite for the live Advanced GM class. The cost of the first DVD is included in the class fee or is credited toward it if they already have a legit copy. I will re-evaluate course fees once the second DVD is released and I formally set class format and content.

I'm not set up for large volume or international distribution directly. That's a big reason why I work with Summit Racing Equipment for public sales. Have you tried purchasing from them?
    ~Greg

Lifetime Member

So there is no DVD credit for the basic class ?

More YouTube goodness on the first DVD.

I will be adding a similar demo for disc #2 next week after I finish the final edits. I'm reviewing the rough cut this week, so we're definitely getting closer.

So there is no DVD credit for the basic class ?
    No, the "Secrets of EFI Calibration" course is not entirely GM-specific like these two DVDs so it's not fair to require people to view it prior to the class. Each of my classes has unique content with something different to learn. The whole reason for the DVD credit toward the more expensive advanced class was that it included material that was required knowledge for that specific class. I may do a more generic basic DVD in the future though.
    ~Greg

Quote Originally Posted by eficalibrator View Post
    More YouTube goodness on the first DVD.

I will be adding a similar demo for disc #2 next week after I finish the final edits. I'm reviewing the rough cut this week, so we're definitely getting closer.

No, the "Secrets of EFI Calibration" course is not entirely GM-specific like these two DVDs so it's not fair to require people to view it prior to the class. Each of my classes has unique content with something different to learn. The whole reason for the DVD credit toward the more expensive advanced class was that it included material that was required knowledge for that specific class. I may do a more generic basic DVD in the future though.
    How much for both DVD's

Tune By: www.atptrucks.com (Rob)

We finished DVD #2 late last night. We will be burning copies and shipping to Summit in a day or two, so they should be commercially available by the weekend.

HERE'S THE YOUTUBE DEMO CLIP FOR THE ADVANCED GM DVD. Notice how this one uses a LOT more EFILive...
    ~Greg

What is the title of DVD #2...?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast