Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Timing Bias?

Adam, the 20deg bias isn't 100% confirmed in operation. We know it's there but not sure at what point it's applied. This was why the idea of scoping the injectors and crank trigger was thrown around.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by AdamRRT View Post
    Yeah, only because it's backward. But not. LOL.
    So the -3 value means it is asking to begin the event at 17* BTDC?
    Sorry just wanna be sure I'm getting this 20* bias thing properly. Basically, I'm asking do we tell it 20* more than we want? Or it RESULTS in 20* more than what we ask for?
    If you add 20° to those numbers that where the bias comes into play. You can see on this table there is exactly 20° more advancement on the number.

If the 20° is true across the board it shows how retarded the timing was made for emissions reasons.

I'll call my tuner buddy and see how soon I can put my truck on his dyno to see what's up with the bias.
    EFI Live, Maxxed Out auto trans, Edge TC, FASS, 35's, 4" lift, E.D. 62/68/12, 70 hp tips.

The dyno won't tell u any information about the timing bias.

Jake

Sure it will. We can easily tell if theres 20* from intended by going for timing rattle or by even seeing if we lose power where we should or if it takes another 20* to do it.
    EFI Live, Maxxed Out auto trans, Edge TC, FASS, 35's, 4" lift, E.D. 62/68/12, 70 hp tips.

I dont know if u understand this bias or I'm not understanding what your trying to accomplish with the dyno. Sure it'll tell u what # in the software gives u max power and @ what rpm its happening but thats different on every truck and not relative to the bias at all.Basically I command 50* max timing with the software. In all actuality I m only getting around 30* because we know the truck cant live at 50* actual. When and why the bias is there the dont know, that's why we need someone with the proper equipment to scope the injector. I think I'm on the right track at least lol. Anyways keep up the good work, it gets better everyday.

Jake

I understand it just fine. After having it explained a bit on the phone. We know that it should rattle at X rpm & Y timing. If I tell it 50* and get it acting like 30*, it's there. What's hard about that?

What's the rattle you speak of because I can get it to rattle with rp?? Your idea won't work but if you'd like to guinea pig a motor please tell us where it rattles to the point that it stops rattling and begins banging..lol

Quote Originally Posted by AdamRRT View Post
    I understand it just fine. After having it explained a bit on the phone. We know that it should rattle at X rpm & Y timing. If I tell it 50* and get it acting like 30*, it's there. What's hard about that?
    We know its there. We want to know why, when, and how do we fix it. And there is no x rpm or y timing these trucks rattle. It will varry for every truck. it is there when we dont have any rattle. Plus whats acting like 30, we have never been able to adjust a CR before by the timing degree. Its always been pre determined by box tuner manufactures who themselves were clueless about this. So we are clueless what 30 actual degrees "feels like"??.!?

Jake

Sure glad this is being brought up so it can be fixed so we all know in stead of gess. Puting a $12,000 motor as a ginni pig is rediculass .

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast