Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 6.7L Progress Update

Default 6.7L Progress Update

Everything is rolling along well.
    We've put the scantool for the 6.7L into beta, and we've also been test flashing (in house) the ECM this week too. Part of this process is trying to 'break' the ECM. We've flashed it with different model year programs from 2007 to 2009, we've even flashed it with a GM Trans computer on the bus to simulate a CAN module not silencing, so far it's all held up well. So things are progressing at a great pace without too many glitches, and surprisingly the flash times aren't too bad at all at just over 4 minutes.
    We aren't going to commit to a public release date at this stage, but we have told the beta testers we hope to have them tuning the 6.7L by the end of this month if everything continues along smoothly.

Cheers,
    Ross

I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

That's great news Ross

This is sort of OT, but can teh ALLISON TCM read anything from the CUMMINS ECM? I doubt you guys thought to test this, but if you still have it hooked up it may be useful to those who might want to swap an ALLISON behind there CUMMINS to find out if teh CUMMINS can protocol will jive with the ALLISON's GM protocol.
    1995 GMC 2500 SUBURBAN powered by 01 DURAMAX/ALLISON, little of this, a little of that,
    DIAMONDEYE 4" exhaust, CORSA muffler, AFE stage 1 dry filter, custom tuning by me, KENNEDY single pump and pump rub kit.

Looking forward to working with this on my '07.5 w/68RFE.

Quote Originally Posted by THEFERMANATOR View Post
    This is sort of OT, but can teh ALLISON TCM read anything from the CUMMINS ECM?
    That I am not sure, I've not looked in to the CAN message data the ECM transmits in normal running operation (what the TCM would be looking for). What would be the chance that GM and Cummins use the same CAN messages?....My guess is a 0.0001% chance.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Good to hear!!!

I will be using Efilive for my 08 3500 manual once its released. If beta-testing goes into November/December and you need cold-weather testing, let me know, I can assist!

Wow! 4:09 full flash time..that's a whole minute faster than the 5.9L.
    06 5.9L, EFILive / Silver Bullet Tuning
    06 LBZ, EFILive

Most 5.9s I've done have been around 6 mins as well but did one today the went in 4:34!

I noticed in previous thread you mentioned the long read and flash times of around 28 mins, now 1 month later you are down to 4 minutes...wow! Am I understanding that correctly?

In your time on the TCM, does it look like there will be a lot of trans controls we can access or is it too early to tell.

So what makes the 6.7 flash faster than the 5.9?
    EFI Live - The Smarter way to tune!
    2006 Ram 2500 4x4

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast