Thread: Ect timing retard though ECT table is zeroed

Default Ect timing retard though ECT table is zeroed

Hello guys, trying to rough the timing in on my 99 silverado and do some shakedown before putting it on the rollers. I have most of the timing tables zeroed out to get timing down to a simple map without corrections. I have the ECT table zeroed out and I am still getting 2.3 degrees of ect timing pulled. Where is it coming from? I can post logs but wondering if I am missing something obvious? Also how do I disable burst knock properly? I havent even looked at it but I was getting as much as 10 degree flashes of burst knock and want to eliminate that for the time being so I can get a handle on this.

Yes, it might be burst knock (predictive knock)... zero B6212.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by johnmaster View Post
    Hello guys, trying to rough the timing in on my 99 silverado and do some shakedown before putting it on the rollers. I have most of the timing tables zeroed out to get timing down to a simple map without corrections. I have the ECT table zeroed out and I am still getting 2.3 degrees of ect timing pulled. Where is it coming from? I can post logs but wondering if I am missing something obvious? Also how do I disable burst knock properly? I havent even looked at it but I was getting as much as 10 degree flashes of burst knock and want to eliminate that for the time being so I can get a handle on this.
    If your ECT table is zeroed it must be something else.

What about your IAT?

If that's zeroed; it could be the HOT values are actually too high.

Not sure what hot values you are referring to? My iat table is zeroed, my ect table is zeroed, the ect multiplier table is zeroed. I zeroed my burst knock table, dfco is disabled (in turn disabling it's spark influence). Now burst knock is gone, iat seems to be gone, dfco on decel is gone, but I get up to 2.3 degrees of retard when logging est_ect_dma while I am heavy on the pedal. Anyone know how that is calculated? I must be missing something that is triggering it. getting more power ever time I flash! Can't wait for the boom

when all else fails search The retard I am seeing is how they are pulling timing for boost, through that pid. Another flash, another great drive!