Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cummins .calz update - v7.07

Default Cummins .calz update - v7.07

Here's a small update for the .calz files for the 5.9L.

Added:

B9904
    "Main Injection Pulse Limiter Option" - Used to enable or disable the Main Injection Pulse duration limiter. With this set to Disable the main pulse time will not be altered in any way from that commanded in the pulse time table.
    B9905 "Brake Torque Management Option" - Use this to disable the power limiting when loading up whilst stationary. If set to disable this will still retain a functional PRND display, reverse lights and no start in gear.
    Regarding B9905, heed this warning: It is not recommended this be disabled on a stock truck, driveline damage will probably result.

Download and extract THIS ZIP file in to the folder to match the Windows version you have:

C:\Program Files\EFILive\V7.5\Calibrations\CMB (for 32bit Windows versions)
    C:\Program Files (x86)\EFILive\V7.5\Calibrations\CMB (for 64bit Windows versions)

There is no need to update your software or firmware to use these files, though we would always recommend you are using the latest versions anyway.

We are releasing this as a zip file update because unfortunately our auto software updater is causing a lot of troubles so we are looking for a new one to replace it.

Have fun!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by GMPX; September 15th, 2011 at 12:10 PM.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Probly a stupid question, what versions of windows are 32 and 64 bit?

Any, you can buy WindowsXP, Win7 etc in 32 bit or 64 bit. I will suggest that if you are not sure you will more than likely be running 32 bit.
    It's not that it really matters, the files are the same, it's just the directory location is different between the Windows versions.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

I know XP is 32 and Vista is 64.

And thanks Ross!
    06 5.9L, EFILive / Silver Bullet Tuning
    06 LBZ, EFILive

Thanks for the update. Should be fun to play with it now that the limiters have been totally removed!
    06 3500 4x4 CCSB - HE351 over S475, Air Dog 165, SBC SFI Dual Disk, and 5" straight pipe.

Quote Originally Posted by FUBAR View Post
    I know XP is 32 and Vista is 64.

And thanks Ross!
    Mmm, don't want to turn the thread in to a Windows education
    Windows comes in what ever variety you wish, there is a 64 bit XP .

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    Mmm, don't want to turn the thread in to a Windows education
    Windows comes in what ever variety you wish, there is a 64 bit XP .
    That's why they pay you the big bucks Ross.. Sorry, back on topic.

Edit** You typed faster and posted before me Ross, didn't mean for it to sound like tit for tat after I looked at it, lol
    Last edited by FUBAR; September 13th, 2011 at 03:40 PM.
    06 5.9L, EFILive / Silver Bullet Tuning
    06 LBZ, EFILive

Crap I was hoping it wouldn't be an all or nothing type of limiter, and would be somewhat adjustable. But I'm glad to see it, either way. Great work!
    Is this the same as Smarty's "shift defuel", as in it removes torque management between gears?
    What type of tranny mods are we thinking should be had? Like I have a "built" tranny with billet input, but that's the only billet shaft that I have. Stock intermediate and output shafts.

Thanks for the update, Ross!
    EFI Live, Maxxed Out auto trans, Edge TC, FASS, 35's, 4" lift, E.D. 62/68/12, 70 hp tips.

Lifetime Member

Ross I guess the easiest way to try and clarify the 32 vs 64 bit Windows is this:
    If you have a Program Files (x86), use it. Otherwise use the Program Files folder.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by AdamRRT View Post
    Crap I was hoping it wouldn't be an all or nothing type of limiter, and would be somewhat adjustable. But I'm glad to see it, either way. Great work!
    D0511 is your adjustable limiter, B9904 overrides D0511's settings. If you are running high pulse times over 3,500RPM or so you need to use B9904.

Is this the same as Smarty's "shift defuel", as in it removes torque management between gears?
    I am not sure. All I can say is that the test trucks that tried it were able to load up the truck whilst stationary all they wanted. I have not heard back if this changes the de-fuel between gears, we'd need to see some logs to confirm if it's still happening (or if it ever was).
    I was told that with Smarty when you set "Shift defuel" to Off it is done to stop the between shift power reduction AND to enable boosted launches, all in the one function. We enable the boosted launches with B9905, but this retains the important safety functions that get disabled with Smarty (you know about those right)?

What type of tranny mods are we thinking should be had?
    That I don't know, best ask a trans guy or you'll have to find one soon enough

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast