Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Possible ways of tuning the LML?

Quote Originally Posted by Gregs View Post
    and mentioned that there are people out there that know how to write from scratch a .bin for that car since its so simple...
    It's as simple as building a fully functioning space shuttle all by yourself...

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    It's as simple as building a fully functioning space shuttle all by yourself...

03 Silverado 5.3 ECSB 4x4 Z71
    Comp Cam 206/212 .515/.522 112 lSA, hardened rods with LS9 springs

2010 Tahoe VVT AFM 5.3
    Stock for now

Quote Originally Posted by Biodiesel66 View Post
    WMany of the PID don't have the correct definition's to work with the ECM when BBL.
    There's no 'nice' way to say this. Bosch is very inconsistent with GM's PID defines, I would expect the LML ECM will have it's own quirks when it comes to this. The main point of our scantool is to complement the tuning side of the software, when there is no tuning for the LML it would seem a bit silly to spend days getting the LML scantool data spot on. Yes, I know I'll get cut down for saying that, but we are a business after all....nobody buys EFILive to specifically scan the LML. This is no different to some of the Bosch ECM's used on the gas cars, some PID's will log fine, some, maybe not.

So a friend of mine has an old 88 BMW E30 that he turboed and I have been helping him with tuning using tunerproRT and moates ostrich. First of all THANK YOU EFILIVE!! After using that program i want to come home and hug my V2 and tell it that i'll never let it go! We have it SO GOOD that we forget that we are practically the only ones out there that have a tuning platform that normal people can pick up and be able to learn how to use it. TunerproRT is by no means junk either,
    There is some 'tuning' solutions for Euro cars that involves you reading the ECM, Emailing it off to someone, they send you a file back to flash in and that's your lot. So I would agree that when you look at what is available for GM & FORD vehicles in the US the choices are very good.

H&S looks like what your going to be forced with.
    People seem happy enough with what they are offering, it's sure better than nothing at all.

Why are people buying LMLs?
    I really wanted a Chrysler 300C Diesel a few years back, but there is no tuning for them so I quickly dropped that idea (Bosch ECM of course). But that is just how I think when looking to buy.

Also if people boycotted them maybe GM would notice... but probably not.
    GM wouldn't care, they were probably very happy that nobody was messing with them (until the handhelds hit the market). It could get a lot worse for LML owners, that ECM is capable of some even stricter security measures, as implemented on some European cars already, GM might go down that path at some point with RSA Signatures.
    Some links:
    www.cmdtec.it/edc17faq.asp
    www.sharkperformance.co.uk/news/article.asp?id=129

There might be a time when even the handhelds can't flash the LML ECM, the technology is there to do this, GM just need to flick the switch.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

i've never used a tech 2 but i've heard that techs are able (or used to be able) to go in and change things like tire size and stuff. Just wondering how deep the techs can get into the ecm. Is the protection inside LML ecm like a (enable/disable) button? You probably know where i'm going . For the record i don't own a LML, plan to own one, and don't plan on tuning one, just want to know for knowledge's sake.

03 Silverado 5.3 ECSB 4x4 Z71
    Comp Cam 206/212 .515/.522 112 lSA, hardened rods with LS9 springs

2010 Tahoe VVT AFM 5.3
    Stock for now

i've never used a tech 2 but i've heard that techs are able (or used to be able) to go in and change things like tire size and stuff. Just wondering how deep the techs can get into the ecm. Is the protection inside LML ecm like a (enable/disable) button? You probably know where i'm going . For the record i don't own a LML, plan to own one, and don't plan on tuning one, just want to know for knowledge's sake.
    GM has does not allow Tech's to adjust tire size in the ECM/PCM with the Tech II

GM allowed Tech to set tire size in the ABS module at one time.

When the dealer installs a set of GM approved GM accessory Rim and Tire packages the Tech will call GM TechLine for a new calibration. At one time they would the tech a VCI # they would need to use in TIS, but that is also gone. Now GM's Techline just updates the calibration for the VIN in the database. The VCI way that was used a few years back the Tech would need to record 2 VCI #'s on the repair order. Techline would give the Tech 2 VCI's one for the OE tire and one for the new tire.

I think that some people will figure out a system shortly, but it may just be for tuner shops
    Cal Editor aka A.J.
    Lead Calibrator at PCM Calibrators
    ASE Master Certified since 1988 -- ASE L1, F1 & A9
    GM Technician since 1999 -- GM World Class Technician since 2009
    CNG Installer -- CSA Inspector
    A handful of people out there who do have an intimate knowledge of GM Calibrations

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    People seem happy enough with what they are offering, it's sure better than nothing at all.
    Quite a few owners of the H&S products are not so happy with them, and many are downright cussing them on some of the forums. They have the only offerring though for an emissions delete, so the lack of competition seems to be showing in there tune refinement from what I'm reading. And I didn't mean to start this thread to have a repeat of the other one.
    1995 GMC 2500 SUBURBAN powered by 01 DURAMAX/ALLISON, little of this, a little of that,
    DIAMONDEYE 4" exhaust, CORSA muffler, AFE stage 1 dry filter, custom tuning by me, KENNEDY single pump and pump rub kit.

Quote Originally Posted by THEFERMANATOR View Post
    They have the only offerring though for an emissions delete, so the lack of competition seems to be showing in there tune refinement from what I'm reading.
    They probably feel that tune refinement doesn't matter for off-road race trucks though, read the disclaimer.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skVZ3oRWQXI

Quote Originally Posted by THEFERMANATOR View Post
    And I didn't mean to start this thread to have a repeat of the other one.
    I'm sure we'll have them starting up every 6 months.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

As long as new D-max keep selling, and the reputation of EFILive tuning them is alive, I am afraid we will be bombarded with requests for the '11+. Heck, just yesterday, I had to explain to a shocked customer how a 2010 can, but 2011 cannot be tuned. After 10 years of massive success tuning Duramax, you can't blame people for asking.

That being said, I for one will not bother you guys about this (unless I am very drunk lol) it's beating a dead horse. No one's fault and you don't deserve the headache, but I think it will be a little while before people get used to it. It's all good
    '12 Caprice PPV 6.0 L77 - daily transportation
    8.7 @ 84 (1/8 mile) bolt-ons

'02 Silverado RCSB 5.3 L59 - regularly street driven
    8.2 @ 86 (1/8 mile) stock cam and spray
    8.6 @ 84 (1/8 mile) cam and heads no spray

Our YOUTUBE CHANNEL featuring the Silverado

Lifetime Member

Who has the pin outs for the lml and the lmm, I'll just swap ecm's.
    2007.5 RCLB 4x4 WT LMM 8594OS

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by duramaximizer View Post
    Who has the pin outs for the lml and the lmm, I'll just swap ecm's.
    No.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast