Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Possible ways of tuning the LML?

Quote Originally Posted by duramaximizer View Post
    Who has the pin outs for the lml and the lmm, I'll just swap ecm's.
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshH View Post
    No.

X2 The LML uses a completely new style PIEZO injection system that runs at upwards of 200+ volts AC current. The LMM ECM couldn't run it even if you wanted it to.
    1995 GMC 2500 SUBURBAN powered by 01 DURAMAX/ALLISON, little of this, a little of that,
    DIAMONDEYE 4" exhaust, CORSA muffler, AFE stage 1 dry filter, custom tuning by me, KENNEDY single pump and pump rub kit.

In the near future it looks like we will have a cloned replacement ECM that will allow you to read and write.
    Cal Editor aka A.J.
    Lead Calibrator at PCM Calibrators
    ASE Master Certified since 1988 -- ASE L1, F1 & A9
    GM Technician since 1999 -- GM World Class Technician since 2009
    CNG Installer -- CSA Inspector
    A handful of people out there who do have an intimate knowledge of GM Calibrations

Lifetime Member

CalEditor - That's great news ... I think

Stupid question for the day, is that gonna be a LML tune in there? or maybe a LMM tune? Obvious implication is will there be any software to support tuning the new ECM? Or will these be locked tunes / ECM's?

This will be the correct part number ECM. It will be modified internally. I am not sure how many we will make.
    Option 1 -- We are looking at 1 per tunershop customer. The shop will tune the truck with out PCM, remove it and then install the original and then burn in the tune from the other ECM
    Option 2 -- We build a cloned ECM for each customer that is a mirror image of the original except is has the read option. This could be an expensive unit
    opyion 3 -- we are not open to discuss that option yet
    Cal Editor aka A.J.
    Lead Calibrator at PCM Calibrators
    ASE Master Certified since 1988 -- ASE L1, F1 & A9
    GM Technician since 1999 -- GM World Class Technician since 2009
    CNG Installer -- CSA Inspector
    A handful of people out there who do have an intimate knowledge of GM Calibrations

Lifetime Member

CalEditor,

Are you planning on working with EFILive to develop tuning capability for the ECM, or are you going to be developing your own tuning software to work with your ECM? I'll make sure to keep an eye on this for new info.

EFILive will not be involved in CalEditors project.
    CalEditor should also consider further discussions on he's LML tuning project on one of the many Diesel forums, not here. We DON'T want to be seen to be involved.
    Last edited by GMPX; December 12th, 2011 at 06:19 PM.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

I will not sell my LMM or buy a new truck due to the ECM change GM has made, I think everybody who feels the same way should contact GM. If they can substantiate enough vehicle sales lost from people who have previously purchased their products, it may have a small impact on future development. I am fairly confident this will NOT matter for the LML platform though.
    Last edited by TDFDiesel; December 20th, 2011 at 12:15 PM.
    Tony - 09 LMM

TDFDiesel you make a good point, but would they care? If LML sales don't drop then the answer is no. There would be outrage and revolt of they decided to stop people tuning the Camaro, but I think they know that.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    TDFDiesel you make a good point, but would they care? If LML sales don't drop then the answer is no. There would be outrage and revolt of they decided to stop people tuning the Camaro, but I think they know that.
    I still think there main reason for this is just like teh recent problems with DPF deletes. Th EPA is tired of diesels bellowing out smoke, so they just went one step furthur to stop it at GM. A tuned CAMARO doesn't black out the highway with exhaust smoke(although some do with tire smoke), but a diesel can black out highways and in some instances cause traffic hazzards.
    1995 GMC 2500 SUBURBAN powered by 01 DURAMAX/ALLISON, little of this, a little of that,
    DIAMONDEYE 4" exhaust, CORSA muffler, AFE stage 1 dry filter, custom tuning by me, KENNEDY single pump and pump rub kit.

Quote Originally Posted by THEFERMANATOR View Post
    I still think there main reason for this is just like teh recent problems with DPF deletes. Th EPA is tired of diesels bellowing out smoke, so they just went one step furthur to stop it at GM. A tuned CAMARO doesn't black out the highway with exhaust smoke(although some do with tire smoke), but a diesel can black out highways and in some instances cause traffic hazzards.
    I have been saying that for years now. It seems as of lately all the diesel guys in this area I live in are more interested in rolling coal than actually making power/improving effiency of the engines. I just had an older gentleman call me today wanting to know how to make his 12V Cummins make black smoke. No mention of extra power or fuel economy, just wanted smoke!!!???? I have a feeling that all the stupid black haze/fog has caught the eyes of the right people in the right places and caused the mess that we are discussing here!!!
    My theory with the LML is as follows: The damn thing makes 400 HP FROM THE FACTORY.... do you really need more for daily driving? Also, it carries a warranty for the next 5 years/100K miles, if your worried about emissions problems, they will be covered for a while yet. Maybe by then someone may have something fingered out!!
    Just my $.02!!!

Mike
    Current toys are as follows:
    1961 Chevrolet Corvair Monza, 145 H6/powerglide. 85 HP of raw fury.... slow and stock and staying that way!
    1969 GMC 2500, 4-53T Detroit diesel/Fuller 10 speed on late model 1500 HD frame
    1970 GMC 9500, 6-71 Detroit/Fuller 13 speed, not sure why I bought it, but it sure is noisy!!!
    1975 Ford F100 shortbed. Currently undergoing Crown Vic subframe swap and EFI 4.6!!!
    1975 Chevrolet Vega, 5.3/200-4R may finish someday, maybe...

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast