Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Altering Electronic Throttle Rates on E38

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by C6Guy View Post
    The table I posted earlier is not the one I'm looking for. The ones I'm looking for can be seen in this screenshot. However, I am unable to see these tables in my version of EFI Live. I'd like to know what I need to do to be able to have access to these tables.

Attachment 11965
    Even if you could access that throttle map you would get very little movement before the controller went into limp mode. That table is checked against yet another table that is almost a mirror image of the one in your pic which cannot be accessed. More than a few % out and bingo, limp mode.

So C6guy, short answer to your question is no...... at least using EFI Live, or any other commercially available tuning software. If you can do some hex editing and what not, anything is possible, but last time I checked hex editing required a degree in rocket science (at the minimum) and a whole lot of patience.
    Sorry man, wish I had better news... but some things in the controllers are better off left alone!!! Bad things can happen to you or anyone around/near you if something goes wrong!!!

BTW... What happened to the screen shot of the throttle map????? Was kind of interesting to see!!!

Mike
    Current toys are as follows:
    1961 Chevrolet Corvair Monza, 145 H6/powerglide. 85 HP of raw fury.... slow and stock and staying that way!
    1969 GMC 2500, 4-53T Detroit diesel/Fuller 10 speed on late model 1500 HD frame
    1970 GMC 9500, 6-71 Detroit/Fuller 13 speed, not sure why I bought it, but it sure is noisy!!!
    1975 Ford F100 shortbed. Currently undergoing Crown Vic subframe swap and EFI 4.6!!!
    1975 Chevrolet Vega, 5.3/200-4R may finish someday, maybe...

You might call Chuck CoW and just simply have him do it for you.....

Just a thought....
    Chuck CoW
    CoW BOOSTER! Electronic Throttle Enhancement.

- CLICK HERE NOW FOR MORE INFORMATION! -

VARARAM, EDELBROCK, AMERICAN RACING HEADERS, BAER BRAKES, BORLA, EFI Live, Magnuson,
    COMP Cams, PROCHARGER, PRO TORQUE, PHADT Racing, INNOVATORS WEST, and more.

Chuck, can you please resize your CoWlisle 2012 picture, we've had complaints from people not running 24" screens that it's a little excessive
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    Chuck, can you please resize your CoWlisle 2012 picture, we've had complaints from people not running 24" screens that it's a little excessive
    Ross My Pal.... You know that I would do ANYTHING for you....and all you have to do is ask!

The BIG problem with your request this time was weather to crop the pic to show the CoW GIRL's breasts or her pretty face....

Not wanting to only show half of her, the best decision was to remove her..... DAMN!

At your service!
    Chuck CoW

VARARAM, EDELBROCK, AMERICAN RACING HEADERS, BAER BRAKES, BORLA, EFI Live, Magnuson,

Lifetime Member

Default Altering Electronic Throttle Rates on E38

Quote Originally Posted by C6Guy View Post
    Can someone tell me how to go about altering the electronic throttle rates on an E38 PCM? When I look at the OEM tune, all the values are set to 99.99 in the table and there is a note that says not to mess with them.

Is it possible to adjust how the electronic throttle responds on an LS3 with an E38 using EFI Live?
    Not sure if you've tried this already, but there is a ton of tq management on these engines that isn't really needed. Clunk reduction, tip in reduction... I disabled all except traction control by blade and love the way it drove. I think your problem is caused by tq management rather than poor accelerator pedal mapping

Just my .02
    14 GMC Sierra
    5.3L CC SB 4x4
    Basic tuning....

Quote Originally Posted by Wheelz View Post
    Not sure if you've tried this already, but there is a ton of tq management on these engines that isn't really needed. Clunk reduction, tip in reduction... I disabled all except traction control by blade and love the way it drove. I think your problem is caused by tq management rather than poor accelerator pedal mapping

Just my .02
    Regardless of what's happening in the tune, What I've done is very different.... Click the link in my signature and look around for other posts on the subject with "CoW BOOSTER"

You'll see what I'm talking about.

Chuck CoW

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck CoW View Post
    Regardless of what's happening in the tune, What I've done is very different.... Click the link in my signature and look around for other posts on the subject with "CoW BOOSTER"

Chuck CoW
    I think I understand what your selling and claiming BUT I dont understand that it makes zero more hp and it doesnt improve ET BUT it will feel faster? Do I have that right or am I misunderstanding?

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    Mike, interesting video, thanks.
    +1
    '12 Caprice PPV 6.0 L77 - daily transportation
    8.7 @ 84 (1/8 mile) bolt-ons

'02 Silverado RCSB 5.3 L59 - regularly street driven
    8.2 @ 86 (1/8 mile) stock cam and spray
    8.6 @ 84 (1/8 mile) cam and heads no spray

Our YOUTUBE CHANNEL featuring the Silverado

Lifetime Member

Default Altering Electronic Throttle Rates on E38

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck CoW View Post

Chuck CoW
    Will do. Rarely am I on here on my computer and this wonderful phone app hides sigs. But I'll check it out
    14 GMC Sierra
    5.3L CC SB 4x4
    Basic tuning....

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast