Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Logging on E38

Default Logging on E38

I am using Flashscan V2 Innovate LC-1 Wideband and am having problems with logging on my E38.

I can't for the life of me follow the tutorials and calibrate my MAF. Some PIDs wont validate but I'm not 100% sure on which ones to use for GEN IV with E38 and then the default MAPs for MAF CAL wont work for me. I don't know what else to do as I think I have tried everything and now I'm just going around in circles.
    All tune parameters have been changed to what the tutorial says, I even set B8024 to 400 but it didn't help.
    My files attached are what I want to use and I reckon they're a S***fight by now.
    Could someone please help me get these configurations set to do the following.

CALC.VET for LS1B
    MAF Cal for LS1B
    VVE for E38
    MAF Cal for E38

Again, I am using Innovate LC-1 and Flashscan V2. Please see attached (could not upload .map files)
    calc_pids.txtpid_info.txtE38 VVE.pid

Which pids are not validating...?

The maps can be modified to use pids suitable to E38.

LS1B:
    - Calc.VET tutorial: corrects MAF and then calculates VE (calc_pids.txt available in tutorial).
    - Calc.MAFT tutorial: corrects VE and then calculates MAF (calc_pids.txt available in tutorial).

E38:
    - VVE: requires following the VVE Tutorial and VVE Guide.
    - MAF: disable dynamic airflow (i.e. set to operate from MAF thru-out the RPM range) and apply correction to MAF table(s).

For E38 some of the pids will be different so you need to edit calc_pids.txt accordingly (I can help you with this).

FWIW, none of the "Calc" techniques will work 100% with the E38. They rely on the charge temp blending algorithms which needs PID's that don;t exist in the E38. You can guess them to some degree, but they will be seemingly "randomly" off.

As for PID's you will at least want.....

E38.AFRATIO_DMA=1,-1
    E38.APCYL_DMA=1,-1
    E38.INVLVTMP_DMA=1,-1
    E38.OCTSCL_DMA=1,-1
    EXT.WO2AFR1=1,-1
    GM.AIRPERSEC=1,-1
    GM.ETCTP=1,-1
    GM.INJPWB1=1,-1
    GM.INJPWB2=1,-1
    GM.KNKRET=1,-1
    GM.MAFFREQ2=1,-1
    SAE.ECT=1,-1
    SAE.IAT=1,-1
    SAE.MAF=1,-1
    SAE.MAP=1,-1
    SAE.RPM=1,-1
    SAE.SPARKADV=1,-1
    SAE.VSS=1,-1

Then the fun begins.......

I don't see any ECT/IAT blending tables in the E38 files.

I have tried to modify the maps but still couldn't log the data for this MAF cal
    Is there a damn tutorial I don't know of that can help turn me into a calc_pids writing guru? I think that is my problem.
    I have also tried using the similar pids from E38 list where LS1 pids did not validate.

If I used the below only pids, they would validate but I still couldn't log above the first cell of the MAFFREQ map table
    MAFFREQ2
    APCYL_DMA
    MAF
    AFR
    WBo2

I have found that soon after rejoice from mastering something in this game you are faced with a problem that seems impossible to resolve. Once it is resolved you wonder how and why you didn't see it before. Hindsight is 20/20 I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by swingtan View Post
    FWIW, none of the "Calc" techniques will work 100% with the E38. They rely on the charge temp blending algorithms which needs PID's that don;t exist in the E38. You can guess them to some degree, but they will be seemingly "randomly" off.

As for PID's you will at least want.....

E38.AFRATIO_DMA=1,-1
    E38.APCYL_DMA=1,-1
    E38.INVLVTMP_DMA=1,-1
    E38.OCTSCL_DMA=1,-1
    EXT.WO2AFR1=1,-1
    GM.AIRPERSEC=1,-1
    GM.ETCTP=1,-1
    GM.INJPWB1=1,-1
    GM.INJPWB2=1,-1
    GM.KNKRET=1,-1
    GM.MAFFREQ2=1,-1
    SAE.ECT=1,-1
    SAE.IAT=1,-1
    SAE.MAF=1,-1
    SAE.MAP=1,-1
    SAE.RPM=1,-1
    SAE.SPARKADV=1,-1
    SAE.VSS=1,-1

Then the fun begins.......

I read that calcs don't work with the E38 but I thought that was only applicable to the VVE table. Anyhow, all I want to do is log my flow readings for each MAFFREQ parameter so I can average the values and have an accurate MAF from 4000 RPM and above as per original setup. I am sure that the MAF influences the VVE even below 4000 RPM though because as soon as I go out of SD my WBo2 shows AFR of around 16:1 whereas in SD is bang on 14.6~

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    I don't see any ECT/IAT blending tables in the E38 files.
    {B0179} & {B0180}

Quote Originally Posted by MarkR8 View Post
    I read that calcs don't work with the E38 but I thought that was only applicable to the VVE table. Anyhow, all I want to do is log my flow readings for each MAFFREQ parameter so I can average the values and have an accurate MAF from 4000 RPM and above as per original setup. I am sure that the MAF influences the VVE even below 4000 RPM though because as soon as I go out of SD my WBo2 shows AFR of around 16:1 whereas in SD is bang on 14.6~
    calcs? Do you mean calc PID's? They work fine. Your MAP should just be MAFFREQ2 vs the WB BEN factor. Note that it's MAFFREQ2, not MAFFREQ though.

If you have a split MAF table like I do, they should look like this....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MAF_LOW-BEN-MAP.jpg 
Views:	223 
Size:	66.8 KB 
ID:	11901 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MAF_HI-BEN-MAP.jpg 
Views:	226 
Size:	71.9 KB 
ID:	11902

I get the same looking maps but they will not populate when I log. It doesn't matter what I try with my tune or pids. I am lost in this, I just can't identify why I can't log this.

Mark, post screenshots of your maps (on each of the Data, Col, Row tabs checkmark Show Units and Display Type).

It appears the maps that you select need modification
    I have now noticed that my data, row tabs etc needed to be acquainted for the gen iv pids.
    All the pids as per above are now selected and the maps are as attached. Fingers crossed I will be logging again soon.
    Thanks heaps so far guys, the only drama i expect i'll have now is if i have to modify the pids.txt

Name:	Low MAFcal table 1.jpg 
Views:	221 
Size:	68.4 KB 
ID:	11928

Name:	Low MAFcal table 2.jpg 
Views:	206 
Size:	70.1 KB 
ID:	11929

Name:	Low MAFcal table 3.jpg