Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LB7 flash and no start

Default LB7 flash and no start

Guys i have a problem. I full flashed an ECM with DSP5 tune on an LB7 and the truck wont start, flashes the check engine and glow plug lights real fast, and wont flash again. Truck is need soon. Have any ideas?

Got it figured out

Guessing its an 02.
    Dan's Diesel Performance
    www.dansdieselperformance.com

No it was an 04 actually. I have seen similar things happen on an 02, but the ECM was still in working order, so we flashed a different operating system, and that fixed it. This ECM is shafted.

Could you tell me what you had to do to flash a different operating system? Tonight is my first time with installing tunes on my truck but my friend was with me who has done it on his truck before to help. I got the tunes for the DSP5 (I'm not using the switch, I got the Edge Insight) and did the full flash and when it was done it said it had completed and was finished successfully. Anyways after I turned the key off and went to restart the truck, the glow plug and check engine light were flashing rapidly and the glow plug replay was clicking pretty loud too. The truck would not start, I turned the key and it just clicked once like it was locked out. I then tired reflashing my stock tune and the laptop told me it could not connect with ECM or something like that. Anyway, as of now the truck will not start. I checked all the ECM fuses under the hood (think there was like 4) and they were all good. My truck is 2003 Chevy LB7. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

I hate to tell you bro, but if thats what happened, the ECM is toast. We had to get a new one. If it will still flash then you are in luck, but otherwise you are poked. Whose tunes were ur using?

What causes the ecm to burn up? I followed the directions and everything properly. And I got my tunes from Rob so they should be good tunes.

The ones that did it on us were from Rob as well so ya. I dont really think that it is his fault, but there is a glitch in the software that causes it. If i were you, i would order a new one from someone that can flash you a factory tune into it and send it to you. Then send it to Rob and have him build you a new set of tunes. DO NOT try to flash those same tunes into your new ECM, or you will have the same issue. As far as your license, i think EFILive will refund the cost of your license, if the ecm is bad.

Well pretty sure we figured out the problem. There was a bully dog on the truck when i got it. When i made my stock tune for rob, I did not completely return the bully dog to stock. I put it on the stock no power added setting not thinking anything of it and send him my stock file like that. So he found some files from the bully dog running in the background of the tune and we think that is probably what caused my ecm to fail.

Quote Originally Posted by cappyd892 View Post
    Well pretty sure we figured out the problem. There was a bully dog on the truck when i got it. When i made my stock tune for rob, I did not completely return the bully dog to stock. I put it on the stock no power added setting not thinking anything of it and send him my stock file like that. So he found some files from the bully dog running in the background of the tune and we think that is probably what caused my ecm to fail.
    interesting, I just had the same issue 2003 LB7 previously had a bully dog on it when I converted the stock tune to d s p 5 and then ran the script file to populate the tables with stock numbers it gave me an out of range calibration error for the main pulse tables in
    dsp2 & dsp3 they had some funky numbers in the row and column that should have ben zero.thats never happened before but I fixed it then I built my tune flashed it and it said reflashing completed successfully however when it rebooted the check engine light and glow plug light and relay were flashing and clicking very fast. Also customer reports he ran battery down prior to driving a mike and a half to my shop. either way put a used ecm in and all is well.

Also the used ecm is the one I started a thread about a while back that I could not read in an 04 would not read installed in another 04 but now was able to read and flash in the 03 to disable vats (vat relink wouldn't work) until he can get to dealer for current software installation

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast