Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MM3 vs. PW?

Simple. It is using tables that we don't have access to. You didn't think you're seeing EVERYTHING did you?
    EFI Live, Maxxed Out auto trans, Edge TC, FASS, 35's, 4" lift, E.D. 62/68/12, 70 hp tips.

Also some tuners will use limiters that EFILIVE doesn't use, and simply max them out. Some tuners do things differently than EFILIVE does when they use there software to crack the ECM code. Many times there method doesn't really give much more HP, but makes it feel that way by taking away your useable throttle and making it touchy which many times gives you the allusion of having a big tune when in reality it is just poor tuning.
    1995 GMC 2500 SUBURBAN powered by 01 DURAMAX/ALLISON, little of this, a little of that,
    DIAMONDEYE 4" exhaust, CORSA muffler, AFE stage 1 dry filter, custom tuning by me, KENNEDY single pump and pump rub kit.

Ahh... Not seeing the forest for the trees. Thanks.
    06,QC,4X4-ARE top, Bedslide ,EFILive tuned my me and Anarchy, FASS, DTT, ATS 5000 twins, PDR cam, BD IC, Carli/Thuren, Warn Air/Winch, F1 Springs, Studs
    01,QC,4X4-Banks PowerPack, RV275s,PDR35/14, FASS, Carli/Thuren/Lorenz, OnBoard Air, DTT, ARB/Warn

Plus it's not an issue of mm3. Remember mm3 is just a value like X. We tell the ECM the amount of duration and pressure needed for a given mm3. So Smarty modifies duration & pressure tables we aren't seeing.

We know it truly does this and not just changes the feel. Many if us have put Smarty tunes on dynos. They make power for sure. Plus you can see what it's commanding if you log the data.
    EFI Live, Maxxed Out auto trans, Edge TC, FASS, 35's, 4" lift, E.D. 62/68/12, 70 hp tips.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12