Thread: Options for 98 v-8 pcms

Default Options for 98 v-8 pcms

After reading up on the subject I just wanted to validate my conclusions. The 98 pcm is an orphan all by it's lonesome. The newest software 7.3 allows some functionality for 98s. To gain full access to the custom OS's you will have to upgrade to a later PCM.

I have a 98 helm manual...short of buying a later year manual for the wiring diagram surely somebody has already researched this? I am just trying to establish a cost benefit ratio for this. Thank you.

Harrison

Get in touch with Speed Inc. According to a post on another forum, they have a plug and play harness to convert a 98 to 99 and still keep the guages and accessories working. And it's not expensive so they say.

If the post is correct, then the harness and new/used 99 + pcm is all that is needed upgrade to custom OS and 2 or three bar for us FI guys.

I haven't had time to call for pricing on the harness (btw it's not a full harness as one would expect...just enough to make the conversion).

Thanks, come to think of it I do believe that I remember them making some sort of announcement about that. I could'nt find anything on their site today tho. I emailed sales about it. I found an pcm on ebay, the part number is 12200411. It doesn't cross with the custom OS tutorial and, all GM parts direct could tell me was that it was a "PCM."

i just called speed and they said they have one but it takes a 99+ harness and the fuel level sensor does not work.? i'm not sure if the guy knew what he was talking about. he also told me that one guy at speed had been working on it but was not in to take my call.

maybe we can find out more about this.
    Last edited by dissonance; January 16th, 2006 at 09:00 AM.