Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Gift Tune

Default Gift Tune

Okay,

Some guys have been asking for a tune to play with other than a stock tune.

Here ya go.

FIRST AND FOREMOST....YOU! <--- Read that <--- YOU, take full responsibility if you choose to use this file. I do not know your truck, your modifications, how you use your truck, your intentions or what condition it is in. Any use of this file, original or modified, is at YOUR OWN RISK!

This is a tune for a manual transmission truck, with stock injectors, and a stock turbo.

It's nothing super crazy, it's just a 60 - 90 hp tune for a daily driven tow rig.

It DOES NOT have every parameter in the tune changed. This IS NOT a tune that I spent hours and hours and hours on for a competition truck. Many of the smaller, minor tables are completely letft alone.

This is one that I use on our 2006 2500 G56 test truck and it works very well. The most weight I've put behind the truck so far has been our flat bed tandem axle (3400 lbs) with my truck on it (7100 lbs) and it does fine.

It does not have aggressive throttle response, it does not have the brake torque management turned off, it's not a high RPM tune, it's not going to roll coal every time you leave a light, it's pretty tame; it's meant for an otherwise STOCK motor. It's just something OTHER than the stock files for those that have asked.

This tune DOES have the 20* timing offset still built into the timing tables, so once that is adjusted in the newest updates, please keep that in mind.

Keep in mind, the test truck does have an South Bend OFE clutch in it.....just a word of warning.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by DoghouseDiesel; October 4th, 2011 at 11:26 PM.

1207 HP / 1612 TQ

See guys, Rich is sweet after all!!! Lol cool deal Rich...this should help a few folks out
    -Kory

I'm out of ideas? Nah trick... When in doubt, 0xFFFF it out!

http://www.PPEI.com/

awesome Rich, guess it's about time I start playing with my EFILive instead of having it sit on my desk in the box

That's pretty cool man.
    EFI Live, Maxxed Out auto trans, Edge TC, FASS, 35's, 4" lift, E.D. 62/68/12, 70 hp tips.

nice work man

Quote Originally Posted by DoghouseDiesel View Post
    This tune DOES have the 20* timing offset still built into the timing tables, so once that is adjusted in the newest updates, please keep that in mind.
    We getting close on that offset update Rich? Nice tune!
    Joel
    -6.7 powered 2006 Ram QC 4x4 Auto, EFI Live, Garrett, Thuren.

-08 Chevy Silverado 4x4 5.3, built 4l70E, COMP cam and Thorly headers.

Actually, we just got the beta update that has all the offsets removed.

The next public release shouldn't have the 20* offset in there.

The Gift Tune certainly isn't meant to be a hot rod tune by any means. It's a good daily driver and tow tune and if you have a decent clutch in the truck, you can have some fun, but the throttle is very soft, it's not gonna jump off the line or anything, but if you decide to get after it, it will tear the tires off. If you want to make it more of a play tune, you'll need to mess with the pedal positioning a little bit and bump the timing a bit down low.

The rail pressure map that is in that tune is the one I use in pretty much each daily driver tune. It's real smooth and it's not going to kill your fuel system. It peaks out just under 24k psi. When you step on the throttle, the pressure is coming up, there won't be any dips or drops.

The duration is MOSTLY stock. There is a "little" in the upper RPM's but not much. You've got room to work on duration too.

Now, it does not have a 3rd injection event. The pilot is modified and falls off in the upper RPM's.

Like I said, if you want to use it and play around with, feel free. It's not a super hot rod tune, it's about 60 - 90 hp on an otherwise stock truck. With a properly fueled and turbo'd truck, it'll do more, but it's meant for a pretty much stock truck.
    Last edited by DoghouseDiesel; October 5th, 2011 at 04:42 AM.

1207 HP / 1612 TQ

Can you say wether the offset will affect our older tunes, or is it something that will only be used going forward?

Thanks.
    06 CC DRW, DTT, EFI Live.

473HP

The only thing the offset should effect is scripts.

If you open a file that had the offsets, and I'm sure Ross will correct me if I'm wrong, and you use the new software without, it won't show the offset.

So if the offset tune was showing +17 degrees of timing, the non-offset software will show it as -3 of timing.

Now if you try to apply a script from an offset to a non-offset file, that's where you'll run into an issue.

1207 HP / 1612 TQ

I certainly don't expect anything for free. So, I think it is pretty neat that someone who knows what they are doing took the time to help us less experienced guys out with a well balanced/built tune to help us learn a little more about what to do, and what some things should look like. I appreciate you doing this for us.

Thanks,
    Mike

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast