Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gift Tune

So just clearing the codes in the abs module and tipm wont do it? Seems strange that they would have to be reflashed. The air bag light went out on my way home from work today. Will see what happens with the abs when I get back home monday. I've had access to a drb, starscan, wi-tech, and many other scan tools for years, now I don't when I actually need one!

Mike

No, right now, the problem you are having its showing a configuration mismatch, not just a code. There are currently 2 different VINs in there.

This is NOT EFILive.....I've had 2 other programmers do this and is was when I took the tuner off the truck. The first time I found it it gave me a fit, it was totally inadavertent and I thought it was something I did. The truck had a Superchips on it and it reset the ABS module for the tire size, I reset the truck to stock with the Superchips (hadn't driven then the truck at all yet), and as soon as I did, all the dash lights came on. I asked the owner if all his lights were on before and he said yes, so I stopped there. Hooked up the Modus and it was the ABS and TzipM mismatch. It was a used Superchips and this thing had 2 different VINs in it. Off to the dealer, reflash, no issue. What was weird, is the truck shouldn't have ran....unless the security module was being disabled.

Can' tell you how many times I've had guys go from Bully Dogs to Smartys and fry to TIPM. If a guy tells me he has a Bully Dog, I won't put anything else on it until he has a fresh flash on it.

Those are the times I've seem the issue you are having. Mostly it's when guys start the truck and haven't changed the VIN. The other times it's tunes that have messed with the ABS or TIPM and have left traces in there and it wasn't set TOTALLY back to stock.

Suggestion....if you've EVER had some other tuner one the truck. Use a FRESH flash, change the VIN and go from there to avoid the headache.
    Last edited by DoghouseDiesel; October 8th, 2011 at 12:52 AM.

1207 HP / 1612 TQ

To all who are ahead of me on this tuning...which is most Im sure. I want to use this gift tune against some of the tunes I have from Starlite. Rich talks about the offest from the old EFI live version. I just downloaded the new software 7.5 and 8 and the new tune library from Starlite. The gift tune would not be a direct flash since the new software has the offset changed. Does this make any sense. I stuggle to put my thoughs into words! Second question, the gift tune is a manual and mine is a auto. If I wanted to directly flash his tune....how or where do I find the steps to ensure I dont flash in the wrong VIN? I know I can cut and paste all the tables from the Gift Tune over to a existing tune but there has to be another way then all that cutting a pasting. Any help would be appreciated.

Since you have the newest software, the offset change is taken care of for you when you open the old file. Cut and paste is about you're only option I think....
    Joel
    -6.7 powered 2006 Ram QC 4x4 Auto, EFI Live, Garrett, Thuren.

-08 Chevy Silverado 4x4 5.3, built 4l70E, COMP cam and Thorly headers.

Subd

Default Gift Tune

Sub'd. Need to start messing with cummins tuning
    [/SIGPIC]
    2005 duramax LLY, 12.75 on stock motor/fuel, 68mm vgt built trans.
    Built motor by me, built trans, EFIlive by me, dual fuelers, 80% injectors.

I am having some similar issues with my truck as far as having to go the the dealer to get the TIPM and ABS module flashed. The other day I was trying to track down an injector rattle/ticking, so i wanted to flash in an old stock tune to see if that effected it at all. Well the first one I flashed in was the wrong one (my mistake) It was a stock federal file that Zach at Starlite sent me awhile back which did not have the vin changed yet... so it started up and died right after. I had realized what happend and then when and found the actual original tune that came out of my truck and flashed that in and it started fine but had the ABS, Brake, and air bag lights on (Im thinking that my original stock file that I flashed in caused the issues because I had ran multiple different programmers before EFI Live, including a bullydog....). Zach told me I would need to go to the dealer to get a reflash so thats what i did. They reflashed the ECM and the TIPM but it would not let them reflash the ABS module for some reason (reflashing the TIPM did get rid of the codes showing up for that). We tried disconnecting the ABS and the reconnecting it with no luck. I also tried driving the truck for 2 separate trips of over 8 miles each but that did not help either. All the lights are still on in the dash and its showing ABS C2206 Configuration Mismatch. Im not sure where to go from here... If Rich @ doghouse or anyone else can give some advise I would appreciate it. Thanks
    2006 5.9 2500- EFI LIVE by Starlite Diesel, Flux 3.5's, 64/74/14 over a 80/96/1.32ar, ARP 625 studs, O-ringed head, F1 valve springs, Spearco Intercooler, Raptor 150, Isspro Gauges, Wicked Coolant Bypass, Evil Twin Dual CP3's, Full Billet Tranny by TRE Diesel, 4.5in Fabtec, 20x14 American Force Wheels, 33x13.5 ATZ's.
    -Latest dyno numbers 806hp/1290tq, w/ a single stage III cp3, smaller set of twins (62/475) and a much weaker tune than current setup

So I know this is alittle off topic but would anyone be willing to share a 6.7 file or least look at the one ive been trying on my 07.5 truck? I feel its on the right track but little too smokey and seems to fall on its face up top at say 60mph and has a stutter to it at wot. Any input would be great, Thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks Rich, for the gift tune!

Ok, so I opened the gift tune and was going to compare it to my stock tune, but i got a message that the operating system was different and there would be no comparison, and obviously the VIN number is different. So my next step was to open a copy of my stock tune (fresh factory flash) and then open a copy of the gift tune and go through the entire tune, one item at a time. I confirmed everything that was the same, and copied and pasted all differences from the gift tune to the stock tune. I saved the new tune with a different name closed it and reopened it. Assuming I copied everything and didn't fat finger anything, I should be good to go to flash the newly named tune to my truck. Is this correct? Thanks in advance for your help.

Quote Originally Posted by NickBeek View Post
    Thanks Rich, for the gift tune!

Ok, so I opened the gift tune and was going to compare it to my stock tune, but i got a message that the operating system was different and there would be no comparison, and obviously the VIN number is different. So my next step was to open a copy of my stock tune (fresh factory flash) and then open a copy of the gift tune and go through the entire tune, one item at a time. I confirmed everything that was the same, and copied and pasted all differences from the gift tune to the stock tune. I saved the new tune with a different name closed it and reopened it. Assuming I copied everything and didn't fat finger anything, I should be good to go to flash the newly named tune to my truck. Is this correct? Thanks in advance for your help.
    Howdy Nick. Oh my EFI in your truck now ! :-) You're correct as along as you did copy/paste everything correctly. When you load the file in the tuning program, is will say if it's ok to flash. You obviously asked Rich though and I'm sure he'll get back to you. Just wanted to say hi and damnnnn, EFI in your truck ! lol
    '07 5.9 Mega 3500
    11.7 @ 118 / 8200lbs

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast