Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Reduced Engine Power mode help

Quote Originally Posted by JUSTASBC View Post
    Just to update everyone, I figured the problem out. I ended up getting an LS2 throttle body and it cured the problem. The air entering the inlet pipe was working like an airplane wing, and lifted the back of the blade up. That was forcing the blade closed, and causing REP. The throttle body opens in the opposite direction, therefore the air entering was forcing the blade opened. My logs showed that the TPS was rock steady. I would have loved to try flipping the throttle body to see if it had the same effect, but I didn't have the room.
    Thanks for the update...

good conclusion, for future reference I'm interested to know how you figured out the airflow was pulling the blade, I'm also curious about flipping over the TB.

( is there a pid that shows he blade's actual position...? )

Quote Originally Posted by DrX View Post
    C3904 and C3905 need to be put back to stock or the the TPS tests are going to run all the time rather than just under steady state conditions(55-65kPa).
    Good point.

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    Thanks for the update...

good conclusion, for future reference I'm interested to know how you figured out the airflow was pulling the blade, I'm also curious about flipping over the TB.

( is there a pid that shows he blade's actual position...? )
    Sorry for taking so long to respond. Well it would never go into REP when it was off with the key on. I could hold the pedal wide opened all day, and it would work fine. Well when I started turning up the boost, it would go into REP. I always got P2101 for a restricted throttle blade. If I left the engine off with the key on, and forced the blade closed with my hand, I would get P2101. I decided to start logging the pedal position, and the throttle position. Well the pedal was always working properly, but the throttle blade was slightly closing at higher RPM's, and forcing it into REP. I made a divider that let air split easier in front of the throttle body blade. Well it helped a little. I heard that the LS2 throttle bodies open in the opposite direction, so I bought one. When I hooked it up, it worked great. I will be turning up the boost soon, and will see if the LS2 throttle body continues to work properly. I will keep everyone updated.
    05 Joe Gibbs black RCSB ram air hood, Leer tonneau, blacked out tail and head lights. Forged 370, Eagle crank, Wiseco pistons, Compstar Rods, Pro Flo XT intake, KB Racing log, spool valve, T6 S480 1.32 A/R, boost activated cutout, TSP 2.5 5.3l heads, Comp Cam 224/230 .600 with rockers, comp cams 1.75 roller rockers, dual Walbro 450's, Injector Dynamics id1300's, 4l80e w/3200 multidisk Circle D, trutrac w/3.73's, 3"DI/DO Magnaflow, tips through the roll pan, running COS3 Semi OLSD OS#12592618

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456