Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Reduced Engine Power mode help

Default Reduced Engine Power mode help

I have been having problems with my truck going into REP mode. I have replaced the wiring from the TAC to the T-Body, and tried 2 different throttle bodies. I get P2101 for a restricted throttle blade. The blade moves freely, and it opens completely. When the engine is off I can move the throttle through the entire range of motion, and never get a code. When the engine is running with my LS7 T-Body on it, it will always go into REP if I hold it at about 70% TP, or go WOT. I am using an X-Link on it also. Is there any way to eliminate this problem, or do I have to go with a cable driven T-Body? I have increased {C3906}, and decreased {C3907} without any change on the outcome. I had a pulley on it and was getting about 10PSI of boost, and would occasionally get P2101 when I was going through the traps. I increased the boost to 13PSI, and now I get it all the time.

Same problem if you bypass the blower??
    Chuck L.
    CODY Motorsports
    Fuel Injector Service
    Madison, GA.
    706-342-3152
    770-265-5144 [C]

I ended up switching it over to an 87mm throttle body. I disabled quite a few things in the tune and changed the max TPS. I can now go WOT without it going into REP mode. I still however get REP mode when it idles. I am considering switching it over to a cable driven throttle body, or selling it. If I start it to warm up, it will constantly die, and you have to clear the codes.

Post your tun file and some logs...I'm sure 1 of the gurus will be able to help!
    Chuck L.
    CODY Motorsports
    Fuel Injector Service
    Madison, GA.
    706-342-3152
    770-265-5144 [C]

This has been extremely frustrating for me. I paid one tuner to tune it, and he was unable to get it anywhere near acceptable after months of messing with it. I spoke to 2 other very experienced tuners that helped a little, and one very new tuner that couldn't help at all. I have been working on this truck since last July, and it is now running %1000 better, but still real bad. It starts and idles at 10:1 AFR(I have lowered {B3642} with very little effect), and dies after 22 seconds if you don't touch the throttle. I have spent numerous months on the REP mode problem, and now do not get it if I run a truck TB at WOT. It did last for 2 min and 45 sec, but for some reason now only lasts 22 seconds. When I can get it warmed up, it will run at about 14.2:1 AFR where I want it. If I put it in neutral going down the road, it will rev to 3500 RPM's (I have messed with the throttle cracker for hours on end). Sometimes when I start it up, it will rev to 2k+ RPM's, and other times it will start properly, there is no telling when it will start OK. I am beginning to think that the computer might be fried due to the amount of tunes I have loaded in it. I would have to guess that I have loaded somewhere around 1000 tunes in it.

For some reason I can not load my tune on here. I have tried two different computers. I would be very happy to email my tune to anyone that would lke to see it. My email is dwrobb99@yahoo.com

Lifetime Member

Just emailed you, Ill post it up here for everyone to see when I get it.

Can you run through your exact setup? I have no idea what truck you have this engine in, what turbo/supercharger, injectors, MAF, MAP, etc. What is a x-link?

1000 tunes should still be ok, do you have another PCM to swap out and try?
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

I do not have another PCM to swap out. I am seriously thinking about going the cable driven route if I can't get this working. If I could make a cable work. Lol

The truck is an 05 Joe Gibbs edition Silverado. The truck did not come from the factory with a supercharger. I decided to get a Magnacharger as they were optional on my truck. Since I was adding that, I decided to do Texas Speed and Performance 2.5 cnc'd heads, 224/230 cam on a 114, long tube headers, X-link (to adapt the stock truck 8 pin TB plug to the car 6 pin plug) 87mm T-body, CAI, and water/meth injection. I started the system with a 2.9 pulley and about 10PSI of boost. I would occasionally get P1516 going across the traps, and was advised to switch TB's to correct the problem. I put on an LS3 T-body, and would occasionally get P2101, and just assumed I couldn't fix the problem. I ended switching to a 2.6 pulley, and it increased my boost to 13PSI. Well then I got REP all the time if I rolled into it slowly with the LS3 TB anything above 60% TPS or so went into REP with P2101. I swapped the 87mm TB back on, and would get P1516 when I went WOT. I ended up nesting with the tune, and have seemed to eliminate the WOT P1516 (I think it was the fact the TB would only show 98.8% when the pedal was at 100%, so I lowered the WOT to 98.8%), but still get the REP at idle. If I let it idle without touching the throttle it went into REP with P0068, P0102, and P0106. If I touched the throttle when I started it, would idle forever without REP. Well now it will only idle about 20 seconds before it goes into REP.

I am using a Semi OLSD COS3, and there is no MAF installed at all. Thank you for helping.

Chuck L.
    CODY Motorsports
    Fuel Injector Service
    Madison, GA.
    706-342-3152
    770-265-5144 [C]

Chuck L.
    CODY Motorsports
    Fuel Injector Service
    Madison, GA.
    706-342-3152
    770-265-5144 [C]