Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Reduced Engine Power mode help

In post #18 you say your going into REP mode,Now in post #20 your not getting any codes that puts you in REP mode.There is other ETC tables that have to be adjusted.Awhile back there was a problem with efilive and the ETC tables,But was fixed,Do you have the latest upgrades?.In your 1st post you say you were getting P2101 what code is that?

Well from everything I gathered P2101 was caused by bad wiring. I had previously replaced a section of wiring as is described in the service bulletin, then I got the P2101 (I had never gotten it before). I then decided to replace every bit of wiring, plug, and terminal from the TAC module to the X-link and solder all of the crimp connections just to be safe. I have since not gotten a P2101 code. I originally had a 2.9 pulley on my truck, and it occasionally went into REP at WOT when the RPM's were high with the LS7 TB. I switched to a 2.6 pulley, and got REP mode every time I went WOT. I ended up switching to a tune that I got from Justin at Black Bear, and only got REP when I had the LS7 TB on it. I am not getting any codes that would trigger REP (the P0102 is the only thing coming up, but I am running an SD tune). Every time I go WOT with the LS7 TB, I go into REP at about 6400 RPM's or so. If you watch the log on the TP%, you can see it closing a few degrees before REP, just like if I am forcing it closed with my hand. (When I force it closed with my hand I don't get a code either) The only thing I can think is that the vacuum is so high by the increased airflow that the plate can't stay opened. It seems like only roots style supercharger guys moving a lot of air are getting this problem. The turbo guys pushing air through the TB are not getting this problem. This has me really baffled. I got tied up today, but am going to see if the 10% OD pulley triggers REP with the 87mm truck TB. I don't have the very latest software, but I have the one right before it.

Post up or send me one of your logged runs where it goes into REP.If you can log a run where you just roll the throttle on up to WOT

Here are a few runs. One with the engine off and forcing the throttle blade closed by hand until it hit REP mode.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Copy and paste these tables that I changed from your tune.They only have to do with ETC & TP Look them over first if you want. C6102-C3906 The next one's are the RED FOLDER B2706-B2713-B2717-B2702 It might not work,But give it a shot.I had a few people tell me my DBW NW102mm TB & Intake will not work under FI,Well it works @ 40% and any where inbetween that & 100%
    Attached Files Attached Files

Paul, thanks. I will not be able to try this out for a few days, I will report back.

Paul, thanks for your help. The problem seems to be resolved.

Well, I took my truck to the track last night, and ran it 5 times. It went into REP all 5 times. I do not get REP when it is idling now (Thanks Paul), but only get it when I am going WOT. I am not getting any codes, just the REP mode. I have messed with the airflow tables, and can not seem to get rid of it. Can anyone think of any other way of correcting this?

There's various sanity tables for ETC/TP, MAP, MAF, did you look at all of them...?

post your current tune file and some log files showing where REP triggers, someone will see something.

I will post in a couple hrs when I am done with work. I did look at the tune, and some DTC's were set to no mil. I turned them back and am showing P2101 for a restricted throttle blade. When the engine is off, the blade moves freely, and will not go into REP unless you force the blade with your hand. When it is running, it will go into REP when the RPM's get high.
    05 Joe Gibbs black RCSB ram air hood, Leer tonneau, blacked out tail and head lights. Forged 370, Eagle crank, Wiseco pistons, Compstar Rods, Pro Flo XT intake, KB Racing log, spool valve, T6 S480 1.32 A/R, boost activated cutout, TSP 2.5 5.3l heads, Comp Cam 224/230 .600 with rockers, comp cams 1.75 roller rockers, dual Walbro 450's, Injector Dynamics id1300's, 4l80e w/3200 multidisk Circle D, trutrac w/3.73's, 3"DI/DO Magnaflow, tips through the roll pan, running COS3 Semi OLSD OS#12592618

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast