Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Reducing injector wear

Yeah. Just kind of sounded like you were saying it's okay to run any pressure you want as long as you have a 2um filter setup. And we KNOW that's nowhere near true. Just trying to get clarification, as you've probably seen way more failures than I have, although I DO make it a point to pay a lot of attention to them since my failures.

Anybody wanna go back to the topic and address it from a tuning standpoint? Haha.
    EFI Live, Maxxed Out auto trans, Edge TC, FASS, 35's, 4" lift, E.D. 62/68/12, 70 hp tips.

Quote Originally Posted by AdamRRT View Post
    Anybody wanna go back to the topic and address it from a tuning standpoint? Haha.
    What kind of answer are you liking for???

I do not remove events from a longevity standpoint...I remove/add them based on a performance standpoint.
    Les Szmidt
    2007 5.9 Dodge Ram
    2014 Ram 3500 Aisin tuning Emissions Equipped
    EFI Live Cummins BETA Tester
    Silver Bullet Tuning
    silverbullettuning@gmail.com
    www.youtube.com/ljszmidt
    http://www.facebook.com/SilverBulletTuninig

I can't help but think contaminates and pressure are the biggest killers. I also think Dodge/Cummins figured this out if you look at the rail psi map on a 5.9 vs a 6.7, and the OEM filtration went from 7 to 5 um.

I am sure that part of the 6.7 rail psi map is emissions based, but I don't think it all is. The 6.7 runs much much lower pressures under normal driving.

Yep. Pressure is surely the most common issue. That's undoubted.

That's why it gets so old to see responses about filtration that totally ignore the issue of pressure. Especially in performance sections of message boards where you know the newbies are wanting to run high pressure despite the risks. Im all about filters, but they get talked up as if they're so great they can provide peace in the Middle East. One of my degrees being psych, I look at how people read things (one reason I leave my posts factual and open, allowing me to learn a lot about a person's attitudes by how they interpret & respond to my posts). And IMHO if a member asks about injectors in a performance parts section, and someone responds with filtration as the only answer, I feel that it appears to that person that if they run a 2um filter they'll be ok cranking up pressure as often as they want. A new guy wanting to hear that increasing pressure is ok would take that and run with it.
    EFI Live, Maxxed Out auto trans, Edge TC, FASS, 35's, 4" lift, E.D. 62/68/12, 70 hp tips.

Water is what kills the injectors before anything else.

THAT is the number one killer of injectors.

Introduce water into a high pressure system like a CR and you've just created a water jet. Water is the single biggest and fastest killer of these systems than any other contaminent or performance mod we do.

Keep out the water, keep the pressures reasonable and you won't have issues with injectors.

Turn the pressures up over 26K and spike the system over 28K and you're asking for problems. Introduce water into the high pressure system....hate it for ya.

1207 HP / 1612 TQ

100% agree with ya Rich. I run 2 aftermarket fuel water separators for just this purpose. Pressure and water is a bad idea.

Jake

I agree, which is why I was so disgusted with the f/w seps that were found on the AD and FASS systems 2 years ago. AD still isn't as good as stock.

Filtration is huge!

We ran 12.62 on a stock lly (lift pump,tune, tranny) in stock fuel system..he went with the cat filtration system along with stock setup and the truck still ran 12.62 so guys dont think it'll slow ya down! My .02
    -Kory

I'm out of ideas? Nah trick... When in doubt, 0xFFFF it out!

http://www.PPEI.com/

Yep. Water is in the category of contaminant that we have mentioned. Good reminder in case people don't know that.

So Rich, about the tuning part. Do YOU believe that if total overall amount of fuel injected per combustion cycle remains constant, that a single event would reduce wear compared to multiple events?

I'm asking because I've seen it mentioned in a few threads across the net, yet to me I can't imagine it mattering.

Also do you really see water proven as being in the fuel more often than people just being a tard running high pressure all the time?

I know it'll kill them quickly. Just can't imagine it being the most common.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast