Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Newb Setting up serial Wide band

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by TAQuickness View Post
    I don't think picky is your problem. I've offered you a full refund twice. Please, return the cable and accept the refund.
    LOL, your kidding right? Why wouldnt you instantly send him a cable that works? Its obvious from the pictures that the end was manufactured wrong. You didnt catch it when you shipped it. Its a simple mistake. Why tie the customer up with returning the unuseable cable and waiting for a refund? Send him the correct one at your cost. When he gets it im sure he would gladly return something that he cant use.
    1997 S10, 06 trailblazer SS LS2 swap, 4L70E trans, 76mm turbo. Factory ZQ8 suspension. 3.08, G80 w/a zexel. With a 0411 swap.

Well I spent some time with a file and some sand paper and got the connector tapered down to fit the female connector on the LC-1 properly. Took maybe 15 minutes. Seriously guy, we're talking about less than $5 in parts here. Put the time and effort in to make what you sell FIT the application you are selling it for. If you can't find connectors that fit exactly, then MAKE the ones you can get fit the way they are supposed to. IMHO.

Anyway, after applying the necessary fitment changes, the cable worked as advertised.

CorvetteFlorida.com

2002 Corvette Z06
    427 RHS block built by LME
    STS rear mounted twin turbos
    It nearly died on the operating table, but I'm bringing her back.

I received my cable today and it is the same as Rich Z's, it will not fit without modification, the plastic on the end is too big around to fit into the LC1. Why would you sell a cable that has to be modified to work?? Doesn't make much sense, why not put the proper end on the cable?

David

Lifetime Member

Guys, all Ill say on this matter is that while it doesnt fit without forcing it in, it wont come out after 3+ years. And he's the only one making cables, I knew the fit wasnt perfect when I bought mine but I didnt want to hassle fabbing my own up.

This is all aftermarket performance stuff, sometimes a little tweaking is needed. If you dont like it, TAQ has offered a refund so instead of complaining about it, take him up on his offer and be out a few bucks for shipping instead of $25 or whatever.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

I did buy the correct one..... it always slips out!

Don't know if TAQuickness did this on purpose but it sure works good!

Ok, I lubed it and forced it and it did go in, so I guess it will be ok.

David

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123