Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Why the change in price?

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    If I fully understood the currency markets I'd be a stock broker, not a computer programmer. If it was as simple to buy and sell in three currency's to make a profit, everyone would be a millionaire.

Because apparently a price rise after 6 years is evil and we should be burned at the stake for it. $25, c'mon. I've spoken to numerous shops who have sunk $25K+ in to HPT, and they still keep paying for new models every year, I don't think it's even possible to spend $25K on EFILive.

Macca, compare the price of one license for GM SD tuning on EFILive vs HPT, $123 AUD for EFILive, $236 AUD for HPT, please explain how we are now so expensive with our $25 price rise? It's almost 50% cheaper.
    By the way, VCM Suite AU charge $925 for the 'pro' package, same thing in the US is $649USD (about $639AUD). That is why we moved to be based on ONE currency for pricing worldwide, it removes that problem. The issue we ran in to was the massive drop in value of the US dollar.

That comment reminds me of a conversation I had with a guy from one of the aftermarket ECU companies, he said he's never figured out why professional race teams moan about pricing on an ECU setup that will last for years without costing a cent, is the life blood of the car, yet they will happily burn through thousands of dollars worth of tyres any time the car is run around the track.

Honestly, who cares about HPT, I bought EFILive?

Secondly, I don't believe anyone ran at you with a pitchfork, then tied you to a stake, so try and remain calm.....

If you cannot see my point, particularly when I make specific mention of a product such as the YT rockers, then you simply do not get my point.

BTW - the AUD / NZD relationship has remained fairly consistent throughout, has it not??? Yet, we still pay, based upon the USD, ie, we do not benefit from our comparative prosperity, yet are hammered when the USD is high....

What macca is saying is: why do Aussies have to still pay more even if the AU$ is stronger then the US$ (for example, the set of rockers).

Quote Originally Posted by macca33 View Post
    Honestly, who cares about HPT, I bought EFILive?
    Then why complain about the price rise, we are still cheaper, you are still better off than the other alternative. My point about HPT's prices was a clear demonstration about US pricing vs AU pricing from another similar company.
    Do you walk in to the petrol station and complain every time the price goes up 10cents? It's the first price rise we've had for licences, ever, I don't get the moaning about it. Next car you buy (assume another Holden), are you going to expect it will cost the same as the one you bought 5 or 6 years ago?

Secondly, I don't believe anyone ran at you with a pitchfork, then tied you to a stake, so try and remain calm.....
    'off forum' was a different story.

If you cannot see my point, particularly when I make specific mention of a product such as the YT rockers, then you simply do not get my point.
    I get your point, it's why I rarely walk in to a shop these days, I order from Amazon, buy off Ebay etc. Why would I buy a 16Gb memory stick for $50 from a shop when with a few clicks I can get one for half that off Ebay.

BTW - the AUD / NZD relationship has remained fairly consistent throughout, has it not??? Yet, we still pay, based upon the USD, ie, we do not benefit from our comparative prosperity, yet are hammered when the USD is high....
    Not quite the same, at the start of 2007 the NZD was worth around $0.70USD, in 2009 it dipped as low as $0.50USD, now it's hovering around $0.80USD.
    The Aussie Dollar in 2007 was around $0.75USD, dropping down to $0.65 in 2009, at the moment of course it's hovering around the $1.05 - $1.10 mark.

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    What macca is saying is: why do Aussies have to still pay more even if the AU$ is stronger then the US$ (for example, the set of rockers).
    That I don't know, he needs to call Yella Terra.
    I recently purchased a new camera, it was at least $600 cheaper in the US than here for the exact same thing, SONY Australia couldn't even justify why the price difference was so great. I think it all comes back to the higher costs of running a business here in Australia that ultimately gets passed on to the consumer.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    I get your point, it's why I rarely walk in to a shop these days, I order from Amazon, buy off Ebay etc. Why would I buy a 16Gb memory stick for $50 from a shop when with a few clicks I can get one for half that off Ebay.

I recently purchased a new camera, it was at least $600 cheaper in the US than here for the exact same thing, SONY Australia couldn't even justify why the price difference was so great. I think it all comes back to the higher costs of running a business here in Australia that ultimately gets passed on to the consumer.
    Holly CRAP, now I really feel bad, can I just donate some money ??

-Justin

PS I never complained about this increase, at first I thought cummins was high,
    then I realized you get two licenses.

I just ran across this old thread.. lol but yes I noticed the price went up since I bought my scan/tune little disappointed but not surprised. still didnt stop me from buying my RR license. having price differences in areas is common and isnt always about the value of the nation currency alone. I can drive to the parts store 20+ miles south of here same state + county tax and because its a cruddy town the prices at the same chain store is several dollars cheaper!!! its like that everyplace you go. I can go to new york and pay more for a McDonalds cheese burger than I would here.

local market often dictates the price of a product and can be a good reason a locally produced product costs more at home than miles away. so sony AU may be based on that market where here in the US its based on our market.

then there is taxes and agreements to throw it off even more.

Just digging up an old thread, but is there any specials going to happen for say the ls1b controllers if you purchase say an e38 or later model stream? like say 50% off? or does the ls1b stream still represent a good source of income?

There are no pans to revise the Stream or discounting structures at this stage. The LS1B covers a massive amount of vehicles and we believe the current price still represents excellent value for customers that are tuning these vehicles in volume. The current discount and rebate program is described here.
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

Quote Originally Posted by Tordne View Post
    The LS1B covers a massive amount of vehicles and we believe the current price still represents excellent value for customers that are tuning these vehicles in volume.
    IMO its the best stream for your money, atleast for me it was. Of course it all depends on what your tuning but it covers ALOT of vehicles.

LS1B is great value for money because it spread over so many years, GM really didn't want to give that thing up. Although the E38 is probably on it's last legs for new GM applications, it's been in a lot of different cars and trucks for the last 5 or 6 years, the E38 has massive coverage.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234