Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Why the change in price?

Default Why the change in price?

This may bring lots of flaming, but why did you change the price of licences. i see this will not really affect me yet but all the prices seem to be raised.
    just asking
    kyle
    97 2500 ecsb 5.7l/4l80e/4x4 411 pcm /thorley tri-y's/dual super 40's with x (catless)/aem cai/msd 6a and coil/zz4 cam/beehive spring/lm-1

stock sucks

It has to do with the falling US dollar.

A company that doesnt change their prices in 5 years time has my respect by all means...you can thank our country and inflation for the price increase! lol
    -Kory

I'm out of ideas? Nah trick... When in doubt, 0xFFFF it out!

http://www.PPEI.com/

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    It has to do with the falling US dollar.

Hmm, yet again though, us blokes in Aust (and NZ) pay more, even when we ought to be enjoying the advantage of our stronger (comparative) currencies.

Either way, we lose, because the larger market is always the one most catered to. I do realise it isn't only EFILive doing this, but it is still disappointing, nonetheless.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by macca33 View Post
    ... I do realise it isn't only EFILive doing this, but it is still disappointing, nonetheless ...
    The economic market system is what is "doing this" - has since the dawn of the industrial age. I remember when gasoline was $0.35 a gallon, a new Chev pickup was $2,200 and a modest first home could be purchased for $25,000.

In my area gasoline is current $5.69 a gallon (Imperial), a new Chev Silverado is $25,000 plus, and you can't find a habitable starter home for less than $200,000.

If you are working on a vehicle with both an ECM and TCM - the "other" tuning software suite charges a licence fee for each controller - EFILive charges one licence fee per controller pair - that equates to half the licencing cost of the other software provider.

Regards,
    Taz

I know people don't like what I say a lot of times , but to raise prices in a down economy (recession) is a sure way to end the company .
    Sorry if it offends anyone .
    2005 1500 HD , Custom OS3 SD tune .
    2006 Trailblazer
    Dinosaurs and Plants gave their lives so that we may drive , long live fossil fuel .

Lifetime Member

Fuel prices, vehicle prices, housing costs, wages ... etc. have all increased year to year since the non-great depression of 2008. Companies falter when costs exceed revenue, product quality decreases, or the marketplace shifts.

For tuning vehicles with ECM and TCM controllers, EFILive is a more cost effective option than HPTuners, and much more cost effective than LS2Edit. The staff at EFILive advised of a forthcoming price increase - well in advance. Most parts suppliers / GM dealers rarely, if ever, advise when the cost of parts will increase.

As you may have deduced - people wanting something for nothing (greed) does not fit into my economic view. Greed is what caused the recent non-great depression, and changed the lives of the planful and conscientious - at the hands of the foolish.

Regards,
    Taz

i disagree Chev.
    Last edited by Dmaxink; October 15th, 2011 at 05:50 AM.
    -Kory

I'm out of ideas? Nah trick... When in doubt, 0xFFFF it out!

http://www.PPEI.com/

I'm ok with it! I just charge $250 for my tunes instead of $200 It's all good, still well worth it and as stated the TCM stuff is a huge plus. I am charging $40 for TCM tuning because I have dozens of extra ones left over lol. And sorry but with all due respect the extra $25 will not end the company...
    '12 Caprice PPV 6.0 L77 - daily transportation
    8.7 @ 84 (1/8 mile) bolt-ons

'02 Silverado RCSB 5.3 L59 - regularly street driven
    8.2 @ 86 (1/8 mile) stock cam and spray
    8.6 @ 84 (1/8 mile) cam and heads no spray

Our YOUTUBE CHANNEL featuring the Silverado

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Taz View Post
    Greed is what caused the recent non-great depression, and changed the lives of the planful and conscientious - at the hands of the foolish.
    100%

Google ==> Bernie Madoff

Quote Originally Posted by Boost View Post
    I'm ok with it! I just charge $250 for my tunes instead of $200 It's all good, still well worth it and as stated the TCM stuff is a huge plus. I am charging $40 for TCM tuning because I have dozens of extra ones left over lol. And sorry but with all due respect the extra $25 will not end the company...
    What ?? I already charge $250, most people do, I know some that charge 250 AND make customers pay the license.

-Justin

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast