Quote Originally Posted by Taz View Post
The economic market system is what is "doing this" - has since the dawn of the industrial age. I remember when gasoline was $0.35 a gallon, a new Chev pickup was $2,200 and a modest first home could be purchased for $25,000.

In my area gasoline is current $5.69 a gallon (Imperial), a new Chev Silverado is $25,000 plus, and you can't find a habitable starter home for less than $200,000.

If you are working on a vehicle with both an ECM and TCM - the "other" tuning software suite charges a licence fee for each controller - EFILive charges one licence fee per controller pair - that equates to half the licencing cost of the other software provider.

Regards,
Taz

I'm not quite sure you understood my angle there Taz.

When the AUD was at USD$0.70, we paid the USD$110 or so licence fee (so, AUD$150+). Now, we're at or over parity and rather than us being positioned to take advantage of the currency situation and pay a similar amount to you blokes (comparatively), we cannot - the price went up. So, rather than our stronger currency enabling us to get the same licence, for which you've paid $110 for a long time, at around the AUD$110-115 mark, the goalposts have moved and we're now paying more, again.

Oh and for a comparison, a house here costs $300k+, a basic Holden utility 6cyl, costs $30k+ and we pay AUD$7, or thereabouts for an Imperial Gallon of fuel. In Melbourne the other day, fuel rose by AUD$0.20 a litre ($0.90/imp. gallon) overnight.

I've been to plenty of lands around the world and comparatively, we pay a LOT more than other places for the same things.

A set of Yella Terra LS1 rockers - made here - cost us AUD$700-800 to buy here. If we source from a US-reseller, we can expect to pay AUD$450-500 - landed back here!

I'll reiterate, I'm not singling out EFILive, but it is a frustration when we constantly seem to get less value for our money.

cheers