Thread: First Dyno Tune... Thoughts, Results, Etc.

Default First Dyno Tune... Thoughts, Results, Etc.

Hello all, new to the forum but have been reading here for months.

I decided to rent some dyno time and try tuning my 100% stock 2010 Corvette before getting into the big stuff on a modded car. My goal was to just get some seat time with the software... I have several thoughts, numerous questions and feel a bit overwhelmed. I was able to gain roughly 15HP and 14Ft/LBS which seems good to me for a "tune-only" car.

First tune was to eliminate CAGS - No problem
    Second tune was for FAN settings with the 160* Stat - Seems fine. I lowered temps 15* and brought in some PWM% a little earlier and maxed it out the 89.9% a little earlier as well. Is this typical/correct?
    Third Tune was for commanded A/F for both Normal and PE modes - 14.5 and 12.5 respectively - this netted the biggest gain of the day. Durring this I did disable the MAF, STFT, LTFT, Etc as listed in the tutorial to try to log the for some VE tuning, but the car seemed to be so close it made adjustments almost not worth it - is that normal when tuning a stock car? I also noted that even though everything was disabled, I showed some LTFTs while logging... I thought that was odd, especially since the car was in open loop? This is where i got overwhelmed and just left the mods limited to the A/F changes, turned the MAF and STFTs back on and started to mess with spark.
    Fourth Tune was for Timing. Car took about 4* from about 0.50 @ 2500 up. This combined with the A/F changes netted the gains I mentioned above.

I guess I am looking for some input on my approach/results. I have been waiting to post until I had some actual time tuning to avoid questions that could have been easily answered by just using the software, but now that I have used it, I am just as confused as before... lol.

Just on a side not, if it matters. I did have a LM2 connected while logging as I installed a bung pre-cat as I had seen on sites like LS1Tech, etc. (in the top of the cat)

Thanks,
    Mike

Hi Mike, can you post log/tune files if that's ok...

I knew that would be the first question...

I left the laptop I use for tuning at work, I will be happy to post up the final tune when I get in on Monday, as for log files, I am unsure if I saved any at all. I didn't really use them as everythime I logged for VE tuning I was rarely off by more than .1. So I would recheck my settings, log again with the same results. That is when I looked at some other MAPS (that I received from Chuck CoW) and saw a LTFT being reported. I will certainly get some logging done on the street in the very near future to post up and maybe I am just not interpreting things correctly.

This software is incredibly powerful just overwhelming at times...

No worries, take your time.

TestCar Stock.tunTestCar Stock 05 TUNED.tunTestCar First Set Up.tun

Here are several of the tunes, 1st is stock, 2nd is the final tune, 3rd is the tuning file I tried to use when logging for VE tuning (MAF off). This is the one that showed me some LTFTs???

Any help would be great.

I'm out of town this week I can't view your files.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by 2010TestCar View Post
    Fourth Tune was for Timing. Car took about 4* from about 0.50 @ 2500 up. This combined with the A/F changes netted the gains I mentioned above.
    Hi, welcome, I was interested in how much timing you were able to add, you tune shows 2* between 0.52 and 0.8, 4* over 0.84.