Thread: B8036 Info Needed

Default B8036 Info Needed

Does anyone know what impact the values of B8036 (Intake Manifold Volume) have on any of the other parameters or calculations?
    Trailblazer "RS" 5.3L 6L80 4x4 & '07 TBSS LS2 6L90 AWD

Lifetime Member

I dont Jesse, I wonder if it has something to do with how the ECM handles being in DOD/AFM mode for the engines that are equipped with DOD/AFM. No idea, just thinking out loud.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

The reason I asked is bc I've noticed something interesting with my calibration swaps. This same intake manifold on our TBSS is defined as 613 in our application, but when on other motors...it's at 714. How and why does intake manifold's volume change with the displacement of the engine? Additionally, I found differences with with how GM values the throttle body 'throttle area' numbers with the same throttle body on different vehicles. And don't get me started on the VE tables. Fishy GM calibrations that I am convinced are subtle forms of torque management.

This is the main reason I love EFILive over HPTuners bc we can see raw calibrations and address deep down power tuning changes vs topical changes. I've seen tunes from tuners who use HPT and it's incredible how essentially the tuning community address the need for more power with essentially just making PE changes. Effective I guess, but it seems ...I don't know...too easy...and a cash cow reason to return to them for constant retuning when the slightest mod is made. Where as, if you address the way the computer things and analyzes on a deeper level, it can be responsive to almost any future mod automatically. Guess it's just my crazy way of thinking about things.
    Last edited by TBMSport; October 10th, 2011 at 07:44 AM.
    Trailblazer "RS" 5.3L 6L80 4x4 & '07 TBSS LS2 6L90 AWD