Thread: # of pulses table?

Lifetime Member

Default # of pulses table?

On my 07 LMM there is a table for # of pulses. What is that for and do? Original tuner didn't touch them but another tuner changed the whole table to 2. Anybody know what this table does and is for? And don't say it sets the number of pulses lol.

This is for your pilot/post injections... if you look on the top right in the "descriptions" it tells you what the numbers mean. Basically, how many injection events you will allow
    -Kory

I'm out of ideas? Nah trick... When in doubt, 0xFFFF it out!

http://www.PPEI.com/

Lifetime Member

I understand that but i'm not understanding how it fits it. I mean I thought when the injector fires for say 2500us, thats one event. Why would you need or want multiple events?

it is for emissions purposes...ex. Pilot injection is mainly for noise emissions. Stock setup would typically only run the main event after 2800rpms or so to help on the fuel pressure side of things and allow more time for the main event (event that creates the power)
    -Kory

Lifetime Member

Ok I kind of see. You know why the tuner would have changed the whole talbe to 2? Some of the stock values are like 5. Everything runs good, i'm just trying to learn about all this.

1 is main injection, 2 is your pilot, 3 is a pilot youll see pop up time to time, and 4 is a post event, as is 5 but thats supposed to be used during regen i believe... setting it to 2 will only allow that main and pilot... that is all i typically set them up at and then main only on the big side.
    -Kory

Lifetime Member

Ok sweet great explaination. Thanks.

-Kory

Lifetime Member

Ok bud one more question. OK i've been having a problem with transient tables, my timing and probably my vane % follow my transient table and then slowly work it's way up to following regular tables after a few min. But it's at steady cruising. You know the purpose of them, I know the theory of when in transition it will use them, but i've read it uses them very shortly. I'm in the transient tables most of time. I mean you build a timing table so there really isn't a purpose to using transients anyways, I just copied my low alt tables and put them in my transient tables.

Lifetime Member

One thing to add is that table is there to protect the ECM and injectors as well. you will see that there is a voltage reference on one of the axis. If the ECM is not receiving enough voltage from the alt/batt it turns down the amount of times it can open and close the injector for one stroke of the piston. The injector it self becomes sluggish and slow to respond if not provided with optimum voltage to actuate it. So, as voltage decreases so to the events available.
    '07 TBSS, LS2, T42, 3SS, Black on Black on Black, Pretty much stock at the moment. EFILive will fix that

'06 LBZ/Allison 6speed, EC, LB, 1LT, Leather
    Current Mods: EFI Live/ PTO High Idle Mod/ Factory Exhaust Brake / BD Full Bore/ TransGo Jr./ TTS Twin Lift Pumps/ MBRP 4" turbo back/ Custom air box mod/ BullyDog Outlook Monitor

465hp/1008tq---7/25/09---Dyno Day Fast Specialties Tuning by ME