Thread: Need help : Error $0533

Default Need help : Error $0533

I got a tow tune done after I installed a new turbo. I tried to load this tune today and I got the following error

$0533 No VIN-license slots available. An attempt was made to license a controller when no free VIN licenses slots were available.

I am not trying to tune a new truck..just the same one that my V2 has been connected to many times. When I go into licensing, it says that I have done 157 flashes(same truck), but I noticed that in the streams tab, the S-LLY stream does not say active. I don't know if this is something new with this newest version. I have flashed my truck since I upgraded V7.5 and V8 and did the bootblock/firware, but those were with tunes that I previously had.

I am running v7.5.7 build 180 and trying to do BBF from the V2. V2 boot block is 2.07.03 and firmware 2.07.22.

I noticed that if I use V8 to open an older tune, it says the stream is LLY, but this one says E60

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

The LLY uses an E60 controller. That name change was made to make the stream names more consistent.

Anyway, what would be helpful is for you to do this:

Start the V8 software on the laptop, click on the FlashScan icon in the system tray to display the EFILive Control Panel.
    In the EFILive Control Panel window, select the [F8 Trace] tab page. Make sure "Enable Diagnostic Tracing" is checked.
    Close the EFILive Control Panel window.
    In the EFILive Scan And Tune software, and open a valid E60 (LLY) file.
    Select the [F8 Cal-Flash] tab page and click on the [Check License] button.
    After it finished (i.e. reports error $0533) open up the EFILive Control Panel again and click on the [Save Trace] button.
    Please send me that saved trace file.

Then, close down the V8 software so that the EFILive Control Panel shuts down( i.e. the FlashScan icon is removed from the system tray).
    Start the V7 software, select Help->FlashScan V2 / AutoCal V2 VIN Licensing... and click on the [Backup] button.
    Please also send the *.lbu backup file to me.

Send files to paul@efilive.com

Regards
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by wilsonck View Post
    I got a tow tune done after I installed a new turbo. I tried to load this tune today and I got the following error

$0533 No VIN-license slots available. An attempt was made to license a controller when no free VIN licenses slots were available.

I am not trying to tune a new truck..just the same one that my V2 has been connected to many times. When I go into licensing, it says that I have done 157 flashes(same truck), but I noticed that in the streams tab, the S-LLY stream does not say active. I don't know if this is something new with this newest version. I have flashed my truck since I upgraded V7.5 and V8 and did the bootblock/firware, but those were with tunes that I previously had.

I am running v7.5.7 build 180 and trying to do BBF from the V2. V2 boot block is 2.07.03 and firmware 2.07.22.

I noticed that if I use V8 to open an older tune, it says the stream is LLY, but this one says E60
    Before asking for help, please read this.

I sent in the files to Paul, did they provide the info you needed?

I sent in the files to Paul, did they provide the info you needed?
    I have the files but have not had time to analyze them yet. I should get to it tomorrow.
    Regards
    Paul

sounds good.

thanks

I went through the files and everything appears to be ok, I could not see any problems with the licensing.
    Both trace files that you sent appear to be just license checks and both appear to report back the the PCM is licensed correctly.
    Can you try actually cal-flashing the controller and if it fails please send me the matching *.htx trace file, thanks

Regards
    Paul

cal-flash from V7.5 or v8 or does it matter?

cal-flash from V7.5 or v8 or does it matter?
    V8 please.
    V8 produces more comprehensive trace files than V7.

Regards
    Paul